1st Rose City Wrath in the books

The first Rose City Wrath is in the books. thanks to all the players for msking it a great event, and congratulations to Matt Beasly for winning Best a General, and Anthony Greenman for winning best sports, paint, and best overall.

A special thanks goes out to our sponsors Secret Weapon Minitures, Lewis Audio Video, East Side Distilling, and most of all Guardian Games for being our host!

Hope to see everyone next year!

• Like 7

The final results for Rose City Wrath 2015 can be found HERE, and you can view pictures HERE

Thanks to all who came! It was a blast to run this event!

Sorry I didn't get pictures of the awards being handed out, but here are the top 3's

Best Overall

1- Anthony Greenman

2- Matt Beasley

3- Ricky Fischer

Best Sports

1- Anthony Greenman

2 - Ben Sathrum

3- Fraizer Edmonds

Best Painted

1- Anthony Greenman

2- Ricky Fischer

3- Mike Case

Best General

1- Matt Beasley

2- Eric Weber (only 1 B this time)

3- Art Gonzales

i went 4-1.  great games. 2 ogres, 1 woc, 1 goblin and 1 VC(no elves, which is what my list is VERY good against... grrr).  the ogre games were the most entertaining.  double cannon chariots are just a swift kick to dwarf manhood regions!  against MN he offed all my artillery first two rounds i think.  then we both for some reason thought the watchtower meant something so we danced around a bit until i just threw the slayers into his gut unit and took out some characters/the unit to steal me the slight win cause he couldnt finish off 30 slayers in 2 rounds(he could in 3, which would swing the game back to his favor).  pretty awesome game as usual with MN!

against the champ anthony, thats a game to forget for me lol.  had basically everything set up the way i wanted and had average flank and front charge from slayers and longbeards respectively into his legit gutstar that i shaved off a few guts from shooting and forced where i wanted to with copters.  thinking was even if i fail one of the charges, he wouldnt be able to kill all of either unit in 2 rounds and i cleared his chaff so there would be nothing stopping it.  slayers failed the charge, longbeards in.  killed my bsb on the corner with 2 guts and i failed my stubborn to get run down.   second thoughts, maybe i should have been more conservative 'sigh'.  but even with being down big after that i still had chances to steal it back with shooting cause i offed one cannon and his other one misfired so couldnt shoot.  had guts down to a single wound and 2 characters(bsb and general) with a few wounds on them.  drakes were in the tower so not much wanted to charge them with slowness and quick to fire lol.  top of 6 was my last ditch chance. 18 shot organ gun goes off.  10 hits.  3 on the unit.  rolled 3 1s... sometimes its just not meant to be lol.  epic freaking game and i really enjoy anthony as an opponent too.

my other 3 games had very little close combat.  frazier took the minor loss and sat back.  mike came at me but i got his hellcannon turn 1 and took out crushers with slayers and organ guns.  he preserved the rest of his points though besides chaff(it is almost impossible to kill 18 trolls and throgg without engaging them!).  ricky had some animosity issues and my shooting was pretty decent, especially with cannon so he just couldnt get into me to get enough points back.

pretty awesome tournament.  happy to see dwarfs puff their chest a bit seeing as raindog did great as well! 

• Like 1

Solid event and a great time. Bravo and encore!

... turns out my goblins hate each other more than they hate dwarfs :)

Magic mushrooms 'll do that to ya.

On another note. It warms my heart to see the ogres win it while taking down the elves on the way.

• Like 1

Best One Liners: Krieger to Lustrain God.

My Favorite Army: Aaron Musk's WoC. He has really stepped up his painting and made every model look top notch. Yes, Ricky's army is awesome, but it is not new and I have voted for it before. Lustrain has great stuff, but I have seen it. I dare him not to have any cork in his rat army....

Favorite Person to play. Well that is hard. There were no bad games, or average games, or nice games. I went with Ben. It was the first game and it set the tone of fun for the weekend.

• Like 2

It was nice to see Nate run with his Dwarfs and do well.

Kudos for Mexican Ninja for walking into a tourney with an army he has never played with and kicking butt with them on Saturday.

Thanks to the Seattle guys for driving down and the Salem guys for coming up.

• Like 1

My MVP for the tournament was my Witch Hunter with Ruby Ring.  He sniper killed 2 Level 4 wizards and almost got a third.  3 Killing blow wounds on a Grey Seer but he had Talisman of Pres and MR2.  Matt P nailed the 3x 2+ ward saves!  75 points well spent.

Was going to wait on buying anything until 9th but seeing all the awesome display boards motivates me to do one.  Will be creating one for my Ostermark army with a Witch Hunter/Graveyard theme.

• Like 2

I did save my Grey Seer against your shenanigans! The game after I faced Evan who got off Fate of Bjunta... I thought, "alright, Ive got a 2+ vs that and Skalm, I should be fine" He did 5 wounds and I rolled three 1's for my saves. SUCH A BUMMER!!  Evan and I like to do that to each other in game. I killed his Doombull on turn 1 with a cannon and we tied 10/10 with most of our armies destroyed. 

Wrath!

Game 1 Vs Frazier 7-13 L

Game 2 Vs Ben S. 10-10 T

Game 3 Vs Ricky 14-6 W

Game 4 Vs Jeremy 11-9 w

Game 5 Vs Evan 10-10 T

I mean, look at these scores, I couldnt have asked for better games against better opponents. All of you guys were a blast to play against and really made the game difficult to win with all my Skaven cheese. Ive decided I need another close combat element in the mix, I brought more shooting and magic than I normally do and felt inconsistent due to the lack of punch in close quarters. I understand that Skaven have the hardest time with this but Im thinking that some PM with a furnace, SV, or tunneling stormfiends. Also considering the Verminlord with the Brass orb so I can have 2 of those wonderful items on the field. IDK, I ll have to mull it over. Ill be sure to bring the cheddar to the OFCC open, so look out....sir. 

Big thanks to Jeremy for putting this event on! Great times, I will be back!

• Like 4