Necrons list tweeking

derek

Ok so here's the list it's been played twice so far and has had good results both ending with a pretty strong win for me but against a very competent player I doubt it'll be as good. One game was 1850 and one was 2000 and I'll put the difference in the list at the bottom

Decurion detachment 1850

Reclamation legion

Nemesor zahndrek

immortals x5 with tesla night scythe

warriorsx10 ghost ark

warriorsx20

tomb bladesx3 shield viens nebuloscopes and partical beamers

Canoptek harvest

spyder

wraithsx6 with whip coils

scarabs x6

Anhillation barge

doomsday ark

anhillation barge

anhillation barge

At 2k my opponent didn't want proxy so I switched to a necron lord with a war scythe res orb and nightmare shroud

added another 9 man squad of gauss immortals and filled that 5 man squad out to 10 with tesla. And switched the flyer for another ghost ark

The list with how well it did made me feel better about my necron army I only had night scythes before so being able to play the av13 wall is a welcome change.

For the 1850 game my wraiths and spyder were the all stars mainly from the Buff from the Spyder and the wraiths killing a night and like 4 other skitarii units in the course of 3 turns definitely made the points back and was really happy.

The 2k game my tomb blades and ghost arks were the stronger presence killing their fair share of the space commies the wraiths tied up a unit of broad sides and a riptide for two whole turns.

So any ideas what to switch and change around I have enough stuff to do the destroyer cult as soon as I can get the money to get the upgrade kits and get building. Outside of that I have one extra ghost ark still in box so I'm up for using that.

Let me know what you guys think and sorry for the wall of text

• Like 1

I feel pretty good with this list it's very slow moving though that blob of 20 warriors doesn't go very far from the beginning of the game I had them deploy in reserve and then did a back field deployment in the second game neither did much in the way of killing things but it did help keep my opponent from dropping his buffmander in my back field

I do enjoy the ghost arks and I was thinking about possibly getting a 4th one and running 4 squads of 10 warriors and all mounted in ghost arks. I know it is alot of points in transports and stuff but I feel it could do well.

Debating about switching the anhillation nexus with the destroyer cult

• Like 1

I prefer the destroyer cult (as I stated in the previous thread you started), but the annihilation nexus DOES give you a long range shooting attack that Necrons typically lack.  That's not to be wholly dismissed.  However, the destroyer cult offers more mobility in the form of deep striking and JSJ and is quite resilient in the Decurion.  

Well everyone who plays at my local store and my friends too think the harvest formation is way to op for the game because of the reanimation protocols rule being able to get used on already super tough units like wraiths. I'm not inclined to believe them because the one spyder thing makes it easy to remove but I digress. Perhaps it's time to play a traditional list and not use the formation and use monoliths instead just because I can.

Does anyone else have any ideas on what I can change in the list. And has anyone played bigger squads of tomb blades or used some of the other formations?

Perhaps somebody has just used a cad with stalkers and lychguard and stuff or even just max warriors with ghost arks on decurion detachment.

I am just looking for different ways to play the army that won't get people mad at me. The local gaming group is kinda thinning and I don't wanna be viewed as a waac player I just wanna have a tough list that'll give a good fight and maybe not utterly destroy my opponents just give a good game and feel like they had a good chance of winning.

i believe that the army can be viable no matter what but i havent had any success with the flyer spam list of the old codex it just gets to costly to quick when i can almost always triple the damage output with 20 man blobs and ghost arks and also make the warriors far more durable.  

has anyone had success with monoliths?  i remember playing against a list back when the codex first dropped that had the living tomb formation in it and it was pretty brutal but my transcendant ctan destroyed the obalisk in 1 shot thanks to a d weapon roll,   i apologize for spelling errors im tired and its late.

i believe that the army can be viable no matter what but i havent had any success with the flyer spam list of the old codex it just gets to costly to quick when i can almost always triple the damage output with 20 man blobs and ghost arks and also make the warriors far more durable.  

has anyone had success with monoliths?  i remember playing against a list back when the codex first dropped that had the living tomb formation in it and it was pretty brutal but my transcendant ctan destroyed the obalisk in 1 shot thanks to a d weapon roll,   i apologize for spelling errors im tired and its late.

Typically, whatever worked great in the last codex, will be nerfed in the new one. Previously lacking models become viable with the new books. And some models just have so many in circulation that GW doesn't seem to care if they are always lacking. It's GW's way of ensuring you have to buy new models at each release (Or GW is trying to balance mistakes, but seems rather altruistic for GW).

So, flyer spam is probably not as good in the current book, because it was amazing in the last book.

Haven't really seen monoliths in the last few editions. They were really amazing in their first incarnation, but those got nerfed and they are just less common. I bet you could get them to work, especially with allied super-heavies that could use them to obtain cover saves.

There is a shroud and staff though, I'm guessing without ever seeing it that the lychguard form a deathstar with the IC's and port somewhere unfun for your opponent. Then they take a withering amount of fire without taking any casualties and then begin wrecking house with 12+ war scythes.

• Like 1