National 40K Narrative Campaign

Yeah but I can take a tank commander as a hero and have his warlord trait be set as the one which gives him am order or as a vehicle squadron with a 5+ invul

Actually, the custom hero specifically can't be a vehicle, and the legendary vehicle specifically can't be an HQ. I'm not sure if tank commanders are an option at all.

I had investigated a Librarian Dreadnought, and couldn't seem to get a clear understanding which version he could legally do. HQ vehicle, but non-unique.

Or a deathstrike which can ignore crew shaken and stunned on a 3+ and later ignore weapon destroy

Or a squadron of them!!!!

Deathstrike mostly ignores shaken and stunned and weapon destroyed anyway. The squadron option is nifty, though at 160pts each, I'm not really sure what would be worth shooting with 2-3 death strikes.

I was tinkering with a legendary drop pod. The leveling doesn't really work well for pods, but they'd be cool as a squadron.

A legendary chimera or rhino, though, could actually be pretty impressive. In general, having a squadron of transport vehicles with open topped or firepoints, would be pretty impressive, I think. Especially if they were pretty cheap to begin with.

So, any clue if my "Ordo Malleus" faction can take daemonology (malefic) for psychic powers? Like, can I summon daemons if my psyker has access to that discipline? Or am I banned, as daemons aren't in my faction?

I am just curious.

Deathstrike mostly ignores shaken and stunned and weapon destroyed anyway. The squadron option is nifty, though at 160pts each, I'm not really sure what would be worth shooting with 2-3 death strikes.

I was tinkering with a legendary drop pod. The leveling doesn't really work well for pods, but they'd be cool as a squadron.

A legendary chimera or rhino, though, could actually be pretty impressive. In general, having a squadron of transport vehicles with open topped or firepoints, would be pretty impressive, I think. Especially if they were pretty cheap to begin with.

Yeah but if you ignore it then it won't give you the penalties on the chart.

Yeah but if you ignore it then it won't give you the penalties on the chart.

I've run a death strike more times than most, and I just hide outside TLOS (ideally in a corner) and fire turn 1 (if I go second) or turn 2. I've not run to many issues getting to fire, as most opponents really can't deal with backfield units outside TLOS in the early turns.

That said, my big issues with the deathstrike relate to not having viable opponents to attack. Opponents tend to spread out and most opponents just lack non-invisible units worth hitting with a 160pt single shot unit. Especially one that scatters a bunch (because I'm firing from outside TLOS).

For example, last time I ran the deathstrike I targeted a blob of khorne infantry on foot. It scattered 7" off target, missing the blob, but hitting two maulerfiends. One saved their 5++ and the other was stunned (which the result was ignored due to some daemonic defenses). 1 HP of damage, and these are typicaly results for me. If I had hit the intended target, it was very unlikely to kill 160pts of enemies. My opponent just didn't have bunched up units worth shooting with a single shot 160pt missile.

A squadron of 3 shooting their 480pts of missiles in a single, combined barrage? I just can't picture it being very useful. I think 10 sternguard/DA company vets with combi-plasma and in a drop pod would probably yield better results for 100pts less.

I got my email, my imperial guard regiment is on the side of Ordp Hereticus!

Mainly I just want the glory of having that many blast templates. I love blasts.

Got my email too. Links didn't work, but I managed to find most of that info anyway:

http://www.gamermancy.com/daemon-hunting-task-force.html

I need to update my photo (as pictured is the one they provided). I'm on the Ordo Malleus faction. As is, looks like we've got all the factions represented.

So, how many points did you want to do these at? As I read it, we get a decent amount of choice. Given the escalating Hero costs, I'm leaning towards 2500pts.

Also, want to do these at GG on a particular time and day, or just do pick up games? Or somewhere else? And anyone up for a practice game on monday at GG?

Can someone explain how the battlefields thing works?

I'm not fully certain, but as I read it, seems that we have a dozen worlds representing all the normal terrain types. We set up the game to represent one of those worlds. Then we play the game using the planet specific terrain rules. And then when we submit our battle report.

Then they make a note on how our faction is doing on a given world, and this affects our faction's overall score.

I think I am going to take a Lemun Russ Vanquisher as a Paragon of Might because it seems really cinimatic and fluffy. I was going to take a main battle tank but the stupid rule where very everything else has to snap fire is stupid. Also when I get to Level 5 I can add another Lemun Russ Main weapon to the turret. 

Along with the fact if I take extra armor then I will always ignore the crew stunned and shaken, I am almost tempted to take a stubber so I can make it rending...haha or even better I could make the stubber a lance. 

I think I am going to take a Lemun Russ Vanquisher as a Paragon of Might because it seems really cinimatic and fluffy. I was going to take a main battle tank but the stupid rule where very everything else has to snap fire is stupid. Also when I get to Level 5 I can add another Lemun Russ Main weapon to the turret. 

Along with the fact if I take extra armor then I will always ignore the crew stunned and shaken, I am almost tempted to take a stubber so I can make it rending...haha or even better I could make the stubber a lance. 

Yeah, vanquisher would be pretty mean. Can't be a tank commander, though, as legendary vehicles can't be HQ slot. Could try emailing them to see if they care or not. Might not care.

That Exemplar path could be pretty awesome, too, if you actually field a LR squadron. Russes with 5++ would be awesome.

Hmm...well, sent them a message asking if my second hero and legendary vehicle also have to be from the same primary faction. I'd really like to field a legendary Leman Russ Eradicator and make my Consecrator (DA) Company Master into a Hero.

Main loss would be the fixed warlord trait, as my primary detachment is fixed in this event, so a Hero from DA would not be able to use his fixed warlord trait.

Yeah, vanquisher would be pretty mean. Can't be a tank commander, though, as legendary vehicles can't be HQ slot. Could try emailing them to see if they care or not. Might not care.

That Exemplar path could be pretty awesome, too, if you actually field a LR squadron. Russes with 5++ would be awesome.

That would be only good if you could do Tank Commander, Otherwise its just going to be too much firepower for one target. 

That would be only good if you could do Tank Commander, Otherwise its just going to be too much firepower for one target. 

Depends on the tank.

I could easily run 3 LR Eradicators, including 1 hero tank and not really have issues firing all those nova cannons at the same target. That autocannon one could work too.

Demolishers, on the other hand, would be a waste. Battle tanks and Executioners too.

I think two Vanquishers could work, but 3 would be a waste.

Punisher would be iffy, though I think that one is always iffy in any capacity.