Removing weapons? Conversion question

Andrewgeddon

Hey, not sure I'd this should go here or in Artificer's Forge, but I was wondering if anyone has any tips for removing weapons from the hands of minis and making it look more natural for BB? I've got some Bloodreavers that I drilled the weapons out of their hands, but rather than looking like clenched fists, it just looks like they are making "Os" with their hands...

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

If you drilled through take a second smaller bit and drill out at second second knuckle so looks a little open and slice the thumb free.

Or equip with brass knuckles.

You need the small rounded (ball) dremel bit.  that will let you bevel it on the top easily, then cut into the "handle" left over between the fingers and palm. It takes some time to make that smooth so it doesnt look like the handle, but it can be done.  

Yeah, what they said. Save the thumb on top if you can, and bevel down the weapon handle into a palm. The palm often won't be visible, so it only needs to be a rough shape. The thumb is really what seals the deal in a successful conversion. If you slice it off, which is sometimes unavoidable, it's a pretty easy fix with a spot of green stuff. 

The other option, of course, is to cut at the wrist and replace with other hand options. I am a growing fan of this because you can get your hands on (ha ha) lots of cool open hands with dynamic poses like zombies and ghouls, or weaponless hands.