Collecting FAQ suggestions

Lord Hanaur

Neat FAQ.

A few stick out:

Q: Are any changes being made to the Invisibility psychic power, a la the ITC's version?

A: Invisible units will cause units targeting them to be treated as if their WS and BS Characteristic had started as a 1. Marker lights could increase this BS above one.

Such a strange way to handle it.

So how does this work if I have a fixed BS/WS modifier from another source? For example, if my normal BS is treated as starting at 1, does the Signum from SM/DA/BA devastator sergeants modify it to BS5?

Q: As regards the First the Fire, then the Blade rule: When does an IC stop the Assault Squad from charging?

A: The Assault Squad, per its rule may charge the round it arrives. If an IC that was already on the board and already eligible to charge joins the unit, then it can charge with them. If an IC joins the Assault Squad via reserves, then the entire unit may not attack, as the IC is unable to do so.

So, this answers the situation created for the one formation, but the FAQ entry we need is in regards to ICs in general.

For example, I have a biker/jetbiker IC and I attach him to a unit of jump infantry. In the shooting phase, can I run the jump infantry? Likewise, can I turbo boost the IC biker/jetbiker? Obviously, they'd need to stay in coherency, but beyond that, can they do these actions while not entirely made of models which can do them? Can they do them at the same time, or will I have to pick one or the other? Or does mixing the unit types prevent both from using their runs and boosts?

And finally, can ICs join units which arrive via reserve in a non-standard manner (like all units rolling as one, rolling reserve turn 1, auto arriving on fixed turn, and so forth)? Does the unit being part of a different formation/detachment matter for this?

Paxmiles, are you registered for this tournament?

Your question on movement has already been answered in the main rulebook pretty clearly. Page 18.

Different formations dont impact the rules for joining. So if an Ic that is eligible to charge on its own joins a unit that is elligible to charge, they can charge.

No, no intention of attending that ambassitorial event. Nothing faulty about the event, just hadn't considered going. I thought this was a FAQ suggestion page, as per the title and your description in the OP.

It does seem like you aren't reading my questions, as you seem to miss the question, then respond with unrelated material.

I asked a question regarding turbo boosting and running, neither of which are addressed on page 18. This is not a movement phase question.

As for the ICs and formations, please reread the question. I am not asking if joined ICs can charge or not. I am asking regarding units in formations with alternate deployment rules being joined by ICs without those rules. Though the core of my question is a FAQ request for a clarification of IC rules.

I can attempt to further explain, if I am being confusing.

No, no intention of attending that ambassitorial event. Nothing faulty about the event, just hadn't considered going. I thought this was a FAQ suggestion page, as per the title and your description in the OP.

It does seem like you aren't reading my questions, as you seem to miss the question, then respond with unrelated material.

I asked a question regarding turbo boosting and running, neither of which are addressed on page 18. This is not a movement phase question.

As for the ICs and formations, please reread the question. I am not asking if joined ICs can charge or not. I am asking regarding units in formations with alternate deployment rules being joined by ICs without those rules. Though the core of my question is a FAQ request for a clarification of IC rules.

I can attempt to further explain, if I am being confusing.

Yes.  Just need the FAQ suggestions.  But i thought I'd ask.

I know it isn't a movement phase question.  But its movement.  In the absence of any other rule, the precept is the one I would use.  so...  Not? Unrelated?  In any event, I think my answer will probably be that.  Thanks  for seeing the potential problem.  I can see why someone would want to know.

I think you're over complicating the issue of Formations.  Formations/Detchments with special Deployment rules apply only to units FROM that Formation and they generally say that directly to you.  So an IC joining them doesn't NEED my ruling on it.  But such an IC is not going to enjoy those rules from outside because the rules don't say he does.  

The IC will not be able to deploy using those special rules unless he shares those rules already.  A Formation that lets its units outflank would not then confer this to an IC just because he decides he wants to tag along unless the Rule quite specifically says so (per page 166, right column Special Rules).