Sicaran battle tank and no master of the forge

derek

That's mostly true until they add heavy armour and get to still roll up that armour save against anything not ap4. And add a pain boy in there and then you have the issue of feel no pain. And a kff just makes it that much more difficult. Trust me orks aren't as simple to beat as they look just take a bit of skill to get used to them

That's mostly true until they add heavy armour and get to still roll up that armour save against anything not ap4. And add a pain boy in there and then you have the issue of feel no pain. And a kff just makes it that much more difficult. Trust me orks aren't as simple to beat as they look just take a bit of skill to get used to them

I was not meaning to belittle orks.

Just commenting that marine weapons which are entirely lacking against MEQ are quite viable against orks and some of the better anti-MEQ weapons are found rather lacking against orks.

Truth. The Heavy Bolter is extremely mediocre against many factions, but against Orks it is actually surprisingly functional- it cuts up all but their very heaviest-armored models and will down light vehicles like the Trukk/Buggy with reasonable facility. A HB-equipped Sicaran is actually a pretty dangerous unit against Orks, doubly so for the Chaos version that can pick up Maelific Ammo.

• 2 weeks later...

I come with gifts.  :)

Thanks. That is the current rules from IA2 2nd ed.

I think the base version is underpriced (mostly for that fast AV13 all around platform), but with upgrades, rapidly becomes bloated in price. AV13 is nice, but it isn't AV14 by a wide margin (just because there are lots of weapons that can damage AV13 which can't even glance AV14, with autocannons and plasma guns being towards the top of the list).