Has anyone used a Harbor Frieght Airbrush?

dkieft

I`ve had the Aribrush/compressor combo set for over a year.The compressor is great for the price!

Im still very new to airbrushing though,and only really use them to base coat.I have tried to do some camo patterns with the brush that comes with it and found it to work pretty well.It does seem to clog rather easily but that could be me not mixing properly or using up old paint that I refuse to just throw out,hehe.

Overall the brush is OK ,it may not be so good at fine detail stuff but for basing and more general use it should do the job.

I know my next brush is going to be a top feed though,I don't like that suction feed system.

I bought a cheap setup from Amazon. Gravity/top feed, 2 stage with .2 needle and compressor. Think it was on the $50-$60 range. For my abilities it's fantastic. If you drop 60 bucks and it's just not your thing you're not out too much. It's a little fiddly and I'd recommend the .3mm needle over the two. Other than that I'm crazy happy with the purchase. I find myself using it more and more, liking it a little better each time. There is a learning curve though. Good luck!

I have a harbor freight brush, but all I've used it for is base coating, for which it works great. Getting ready to venture into the world of stencils and blending, so we'll see whether it holds up. No problems with clogging for me, though I thin the hell out of my paint and do multiple thin layers. I'm also not a fan of the suction feed, and wish it was a gravity feed rig.

Typically, harbor freight is good for tools that don't need to last or are intended to be used infrequently.

How much use are you looking to put into your airbrush (like minutes or hours per day)?

I've had my harbor freight airbrush and compressor for over 5 years now.  I've added a better regulator and recently a surplus 1gal tank to the compressor   Still going strong, works like new

The airbrush is starting to wear out, the internal seals are pretty much shot but it still kinda works.  No complaints about how much work I've gotten out of it over the years.

I mostly use my Master airbrush now.

• Like 1