Lord of the Rings TCG (Decipher)

Andrewgeddon

I've looked at buying more cards to make my decks more actually playable but ehj

I'm in the talks with someone for trading some MTG cards for his collection. Looking forward to seeing what I can get, heh.

I was always interested in the LotR game that existed prior to Decipher getting the license.  I loved their SW game, and ST was alright, but everything else they did sucked hutt hooters.

Never played the SW game. I had a ton of the Star Trek cards that I collected, but never found anyone to play with me. I'll have to disagree with you though, I thought LOTR was one of, or possibly the best TCG / CCGs I ever played.

LOL Andrew!

Today while unpacking boxes from my move, looking for Tyranids for you - I came across a small box of - yes - LotR playing cards (Decipher). An Aragorn starter deck, a Gandalf starter deck, and a couple hundred other random cards.

The sad thing is - I don't ever remember buying them. LOL. I assume I got them in a trade back when I lived in Chicago.

I wouldn't mind giving the game a go sometime, if I have enough cards to be able to play, of course!

LOL Andrew!

Today while unpacking boxes from my move, looking for Tyranids for you - I came across a small box of - yes - LotR playing cards (Decipher). An Aragorn starter deck, a Gandalf starter deck, and a couple hundred other random cards.

The sad thing is - I don't ever remember buying them. LOL. I assume I got them in a trade back when I lived in Chicago.

I wouldn't mind giving the game a go sometime, if I have enough cards to be able to play, of course!

That is pretty funny Tim, heh.

Yeah, bring down your stuff one of these Tuesdays and we'll get a game in. If the starters you have are actually the starters and complete, should have everything we need. Jeris also loves the game as much as I do, so I'm sure he would be down to play as well.

I was still buying SW cards up until maybe 5 years ago.  Was still fun.  Would do booster drafts with a buddy.  Sold him everything for like $400.  Now that my son is 11, I'm regretting it.

Andrew, I never tried Deciphers LotR, because Young Jedi etc sucked so bad.

I guess after they released the 10th set for LOTR, the game went downhill, which was after I stopped playing it, due to lack of interest from my friend. I couldn't tell you how it compares to Young Jedi or SW, but for what it's worth it won an Origins award for "Best TCG" when it was released. 

If you're out of Portland, I could probably figure out a time to run you through a game, if you are interested. I've got to familiarize myself with the rules again, maybe pick up a few new starters. I'm talking to a guy online about acquiring a collection, as well as my buddy about trying it out again on our Tuesday game days up in Vancouver.

• Like 1