mini duels terrain kickstarter

Don't Panic

just saw this while browsing through kickstarter.  they have some really super cheap terrain.  looks stackable as well. i know they just had a kickstarter a month or so ago and were well off from it so im curious if they can make that deadline they have but man the price tag for that starter terrain is amazing.  also carrying racks for very cheap for infinity/warmahordes.  but im holding out on that to support nakedpanda and his company... but man 9 6x5 buildings, 9 4x4 buildings and 9 4x2 crates for 50 bones... but i kinda like their nicer 'industrial park' terrain above that has fewer yet larger buildings and that 8x8 objective room...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/56924169/mini-duels-tournament-trays-and-28mm-terrain/updates

• Like 1

The industrial park looks awesome. I am sorely tempted. 

im tempted just due to it being very similar to the terrain i already backed plus it has an objective 8x8 which is necessary in some ITS things.  and generally that 8x8 is ~25-30 bucks just by itself.  very good deal...  the huge terrain bundle is a bargain but doesnt look like you can take off the top like the industrial park nor looks as nice.  you pay for what you get!

yeah BSI has additions to raise the elevation of those tables even more in the works.

Here are some proto pics he showed me recently.

Would work much better for playing on, as compared to much of the other stuff out there.

Sad thing is that most terrain being sold right now makes the game kind of become a paintball match, with all the simplified maneuver that entails.

With little concern for elevation and multi angled total cover, the game becomes a pie slicing nightmare.

BSI has put some real game function thought in to these for improved modularity, and it shows in how games are actually played on it.

post-1529-0-14845300-1446654418_thumb.jpg

post-1529-0-47636100-1446654443_thumb.jpg

post-1529-0-43545000-1446654452_thumb.jpg

A word of caution from experience with kickstarters I have invested in and ones that friends have invested in: Yes, this may seem cheaper but this sets up warning flags for me more than anything. I looked over their kickstarter and this looks like another one where someone doesn't know how to count costs. I am going to call it now and say that this terrain will probably be delayed or even unfulfilled. Or it's made out of the crappiest mdf. Either way, I wouldn't trust it. The Black Sheep stuff is already low priced enough that I was a bit hesitant but he had a lot of people with fulfilled orders who praised the product and the producer.

I like those new pieces NP. If you don't mind telling me, how are you affiliated with the Black Sheep guy?

• Like 1

Darn, I hoped you were friends. I wish there was someone is the business closer than I could team up with. So often I find some of these laser cutter that are great engineers but really could use and artist as a partner. I don't have the money for a cutter or the experience with the software but I do have experience as a designer and have a ton of great ideas in my head.

• Like 1

yeah BSI has additions to raise the elevation of those tables even more in the works.

Here are some proto pics he showed me recently.

Would work much better for playing on, as compared to much of the other stuff out there.

Sad thing is that most terrain being sold right now makes the game kind of become a paintball match, with all the simplified maneuver that entails.

With little concern for elevation and multi angled total cover, the game becomes a pie slicing nightmare.

BSI has put some real game function thought in to these for improved modularity, and it shows in how games are actually played on it.

Good way to phrase that. I like that new stuff a lot more by them. Modularity yet affordable is difficult to find..