Goblin Mega Force: expanding on it

Andrewgeddon

So the KoW Mega Forces are pretty sweet deals right now, I see them on FeeBay for about $120 shipped right now. I'm thinking of picking up the Goblin one, and wondering how this "lists" looks like utilizing the box contents, and what would be the best ways to expand upon it. Here's what I've got now, comes out to 1415 points, with the only upgrade being adding Bane Chant to the Wiz:

Sharpsticks (Horde)

Rabble (Regiment)

Rabble (Regiment)

Spitters (Regiment)

Spitters (Regiment)

Fleabag Riders (Troop)

Fleabag Riders (Troop)

Fleabag Riders (Troop)

Fleabag Riders (Troop)

Troll (Horde)

Mincer

Mincer

King

Biggit

Wiz (Bane Chant)

Definitly would like to add another Horde of Trolls to give the army more punch, as well as some warmachines. Not sure on unit upgrades, I'll have to sit down with my book later and figure it out.

Yeah I know, been very tempted myself, and I have several armies already. Magic items on hordes go a long ways, so always leave some points for those. Also, you might want a couple more casters. Throwing out Bane at the right time is just fantastic. Also, the great thing about KoW is that there is not such a disparity in Leadership values like there was in WFB. So goblins stick around pretty much just as well as other armies.

• 2 weeks later...

My goblin mega force actually arrived not too long ago. Mantic goblins are a bit eh but the cost is great. Anyways for goblins you can kind of do what you want, they are an efficient costed army. I like putting the +1 to hit item on a horde of spitters and making another horde of spitters elite. This makes them much harder to ignore, and means that the opponent has to come try and deal with them, which generally holds up whatever is charging and allows my flanking stuff like trolls to wipe it out. 

You want to get something to deter fliers from hopping over overything. Mawbeasts or war trombones work good. As well as other war machines if you make sure the angles are right. Wiz's are also a great source for lightningbolt, very cheap for lb3. I usually get a couple to lb stuff and slow chargers (yes they can "overrun" d6 inches but you can still get them in the way if you position correctly.