Putting the Qapu Back in Khalqi

rudra34

Took an absolute pounding from Than's morats today.   We played engineering deck, and things were pretty even for the first few turns.  On the third turn, My dice had a heart attack, and Than's gained super powers.   No matter what the odds, I failed and he succeeded, halting my every advance and giving me no possible options for victory.   The game was over at the end of my turn, but I suggested we play it out and he kill as many of my models as possible for league VPs.   I ended with 66 points of random cheerleaders on the board, and only 1 classified objective to my name.   

It was a ridiculous game, but a fun one.   Also, games take a LONG time when each side has 20+ orders!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Think I'll be skipping out on red veil.

The more I think about it, the more I'm just being wooed by the new shiny models and such.  Truth is, I need very little of what's in the set for QK, and I don't have any future plans to play ISS.    If I really want the ghulams down the road, I'm sure I can pick them up somewhere else.

For now my money will be spent elsewhere.   I have nearly everything I want for QK, aside from a few bells and whistles.   So where else were it go?   Where else indeed...

• Like 1

I know!   I am tempted to get it, but honestly running a full link of them isn't that appealing to me.  

Got in a game against MyLeftNut last night.   It ended with a 10-0 tic-tac-toe victory for me...but I can't take complete credit for it.   His first turn he spent 4-5 orders trying to take out my ghulam sniper who ended up gritting twice and taking out one of his Azrail AP HMGS.   Then he spent 3-4 orders trying to grab an objective and having no luck.   In my turn I let loose the shoot-through-smoke tactic and took out 3 of his 5 linked ghulams, and a couple other models.   The game continued in this fashion through the other two turns.  He had great chances to take out my ARO models, and I relentlessly rolled defensive crits to save my ass.   Last turn I made a run up the board with a doctor who shot health and healed a down hawwa who completed my 3-in-a-row, and the hawwa on the other side grabbed another to give me more claimed objectives.  It was a good game, we both played well, but my AROs were on fire.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

QK performed at the top of their game last night.  First I played against Mike and his Nomads in Firefight, which had some of the most unpredictable shootouts that I have ever seen.   I took first turn and attempted to move up and get some kills.  One yuan-yuan landed too close to a koala and was dead the second it hit the board, another attempted to clear another set but failed their dodge and died horribly.  The third managed to take out an aguacile, but lost in combat to a REM *sigh* and got shot with no resistance in the next turn.   Djanbazan took aim at Mike's linked missile launcher, but I guessed wrong on the distance by and inch and had to get 6s to hit him.  I took a missile, made two saves and went unconscious.   I moved the sekban up the other side and tried to take out a Moran, but failed miserably and fell back into cover.  In his turn he blew up my missile launcher, but lost his at the same time.  He re-formed his link and came at me with his HMG, who lost more than one firefight with my sniper and eventually went down (what?).  He then brought down his lunokhod and dropped a flame on my sekban.   The hafza took a wound, doctor dodged, and harris leader made his armor save.  The bot took a shotgun from my Camo'd Hawwa, and it was pretty much a wash.  Finally his Geckos moved up and put my sniper unconscious.   I spent most of the next turn healing and getting revenge on the Moran who kept dodging my rockets like a pro.  Hawwa hacker immobilized one of his geckos, and the Hawwa FO went around and took out his spitfire bot before it could do too much damage.  His next turn he took my sniper out again, this time for good.  He spent a little time getting into defensive position and set up 3-4 models into suppressive.  Last turn I had a good amount of orders, but had to get a lot done.   The Sekban link failed miserably, losing firefights and having to be healed...more than once.   Djanbanzan tried to take out his second Moran but totally blew it.   Thankfully, my Hawwa FO was an absolute star who crossed half of Mike's deployment zone without detection and then took out his lieutenant with my last order.   Mike was in LoL in his turn, but took out my Djan and got another big chunk of vps.   In the end I got the victory 8-2, but it was a good tug-o-war.

Second game was against Pete and his NCA.  He had a great list with a lot of heavy hitters (Bolt link, Swiss Guard, Hexa, Spitfire Bulleteer, TR bot), and I was convinced that I wouldn't be able to deal with a lot of those threats.   Lucky for me things went sour for Pete in his first active turn.  His dice didn't want his Locust to work so he failed a drop bear shot and had pano WIP problems opening an objective.   Meanwhile his TR bot got marksman 2 on it, but lost a firefight against my missile launcher and an FO.  By the numbers, he should have beaten them, at the very least one of them.   My turn came around and I was still whole as an army.  The yuan-yuans came in and did what they do.  I sent one after the bolts and dropped some chain rifles on them.  His hex revealed and failed to hit me out in the open, and I was in position to continue chaining the bolts at my leisure.   Pete decided we should call it there, as things had gone south fast.   I still feel like his list was amazing, but luck and the ability of yuan-yuans to jack up link teams took him down in the end.  

Thanks both of you for the games!

• Like 3

Turns out I did well enough with the QK to sneak out a narrow victory in Nate's ITS escalation league!   Thanks to everyone involved, everyone who I got to play against, and a big thank you to Nate for running everything and keeping everyone on track (mostly :biggrin: ).

Hope to still see you all around for some games!

• Like 1