Putting the Qapu Back in Khalqi

rudra34

It begins!  The new army thread that I have been so waiting to make!  My MO army is about done for now, and I will start transitioning into focus on my Qapu Khalqi.  Such fun, a whole new set of words to learn how to pronounce.  The army isn't getting any fancy new tools in HS3, but is getting some noticeable changes.

-New troop profiles for Druze, Hafza, Djanbazan, and a few others

-Hafza can have 2 in any link and 1 in any haris link
-Azra'Il are no longer linkable

-Increased AVA for Druze

-Tweeks to Scarface profile (can't remember what)

-Sekban increase to BS13

The only real negative here is the non-linkable Azra'Il.  Hafza loose some of their linkability options for main links, but gain the ability to be in haris links which is pretty big.  Druze will make for a solid link, and now that they are AVA 5 they have some more flexible options.

AS of now, I have these models:

Ghulams - 4xRifle/light shotgun, Sniper, Panzerfaust/missile launcher

Odalisques - Boarding Shotgun, Rifle/light shotgun, Contender, Submachine Gun

Djanzaban - Hacker/Rifle (Used mostly as HMG, not a fan of the real HMG model)

Hawwa' - Hacker, FO

Janissary - AP Rifle/light shotgun

Yuan-Yuan - 2x Chain Rifle

Alguaciles - Hacker

Not a bad start, but there is plenty of room for additions.   To get up to speed, I want to pick up the QK starter, Sekban kit, and a pair of remotes.  When the new Bashi Bazouks are released I plan to get two of them for fun shenanigans.  Then somewhere down the road I'll pick up Scarface, and maybe an Iquana if I feel like double-tag fun.   For now neither of them are a priority, got to work on the bare-bones of the list.

• Like 3

Looking forward to a whole new bag of tricks.

logo_43.png Qapu Khalqi
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

Group 1 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png 8 orden_irregular.png2 orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_1.png GHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)
logo_1.png GHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
logo_1.png GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (16)
logo_1.png GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (13)
logo_1.png GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (13)
logo_7.png DJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
logo_10.png HAWWA' (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (21)
logo_21.png FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (8)
logo_3.png BASHI BAZOUK Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (16)
logo_11.png YUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (8)

Group 2 sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png6 orden_irregular.png3 orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_21.png FANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (8)
logo_4.png HAFZA Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (16)
logo_1.png GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (16)
logo_22.png NASMAT Electric Pulse. (3)
logo_17.png NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (17)
logo_22.png NASMAT Electric Pulse. (3)
logo_18.png RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (16)
logo_10.png HAWWA' Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
logo_3.png BASHI BAZOUK Combi Rifle, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (16)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open with Army 5

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got to play against Adam's CA at Gaurdian tonight.  It was an awesome back-and-forth game that I barely inched out the win in the end 4-1.  This was my list.

logo_403.png Qapu Khalqi

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.pngorden_irregular.pngorden_impetuosa.png2
logo_1.pngGHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
logo_1.pngGHULAM (Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
logo_7.pngDJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
logo_10.pngHAWWA' (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
logo_4.pngHAFZA Lieutenant Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
logo_11.pngYUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.pngorden_irregular.pngorden_impetuosa.png1
logo_6.pngSEKBAN Doctor Plus (MediKit) Boarding Shotgun, Chain-colt / Pistol, Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
logo_6.pngSEKBAN (Fireteam: Haris L1) AP Rifle, Chain-colt / Pistol, Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
logo_6.pngSEKBAN Heavy Rocket Launcher, Chain-colt / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 24)
logo_10.pngHAWWA' Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
logo_14.pngALGUACIL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
logo_22.pngNASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I lost two yuan-yuan to hacking landings and unlucky dispersion rolls, then two members of the sekban haris got plasma to the face and I never got to test out.  Other than that things worked out pretty well.  Everything in the list feels useful, they all have a well-defined roll.   Looking forward to more games with the QK! 

Edit:   This doesn't matter to anyone but me, but this list is slightly wrong.   The Hawwa were in the opposite groups than they are now.

Grabbed a very narrow win off of Pete with the list above on Wednesday night.  We played supremacy, tied for quadrants every turn, and each had one console.   In the last turn I managed to get my classified and it won me the game, 5-4.  Sadly I lost 2 of my Sekban in the first turn, again (Damn Intruders!), so I didn't really get to test them out as a haris.  Djanbazan was a star taking out models on both sides of the board, getting wounded and regenerating back up to take out a Spectre.  Yuan-Yuan were brilliant as always, and the Hawwa Hacker helped me keep pressure on his Mobile Brigada.

Thanks to Kevin for the first game of Nate's ITS league!   It was incredibly weird to play at 120 points, but in a way it was a nice change-up from 300 points.  We both played QK, with a lot of Ghulams on the table.

My list:
alqi

orden_regular.pngorden_irregular.pngorden_impetuosa.png1
logo_10.pngHAWWA' (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
logo_11.pngYUAN YUAN Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 9)
logo_1.pngGHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

1.5 SWC | 120 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Kevin's List:

logo_403.png Qapu Khalqi

orden_regular.png7  
logo_1.pngGHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
logo_9.pngJANISSARY HMG / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 40)

2 SWC | 120 Points

Open in Infinity Army

We traded a lot of wounds, and in the end I managed to get the win by healing some troops back in the last turn.   Again, low points feels weird!  I look forward to this league getting higher in points so that things get a little more interestin :biggrin:g 

im more disappointed that the human sphere rules arent on army yet  :angry:  .  that would at least make the smaller points more fun as you are playing with new rules and at the very least some 'different pointed and modified' things.  i think once we hit round 3 things will get a whole lot of fun.  the first two rounds are really for the newer players to get their feet wet.  we will spend half the rounds at 300 points so dont worry too much :P .  im pondering making the last round a 400 point custom match as i can make crap up after round 5...

What are these pict-ures that you speak of?  I keep forgetting to take them.  The list is all unpainted, so they won't be spectacular or anything.  Still!  Things must be recorded for the greater good.

F***ing HS3 drops and now I want to buy a bunch of stuff again.  Bazouks are out at the end of the month, I'll pick up two of them.  Beyond that I really need to get the QK starter, because hafza.  I only have one model that works for one right now, and with them being able to go into haris groups I really need to have a couple more laying around.  Scarface will make it into my lists someday.  Assault on him is dumb, since he has no other dedicated combat skills.  That being said, I would use it every time somebody was within 10 inches of me just for the hilarity.

• Like 1

Updated the list from the beginning of the thread.  Small changes as I had a few more points to throw around.   

logo_403.png Qapu Khalqi

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_4.pngHAFZA Heavy Rocket Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 18)
logo_1.pngGHULAM Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 17)
logo_21.pngFANOUS REMOTE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
logo_3.pngBASHI BAZOUK Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png6  orden_irregular.png3  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_17.pngNAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
logo_18.pngRAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
logo_10.pngHAWWA' Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 26)
logo_3.pngBASHI BAZOUK Submachine Gun, Chain-colt / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Still a truckload of orders and lots of nasty tricks, but now with a secret rocket launcher!   Fun times to be had!

3 more 120 point games tonight, all fun, one insane.  

I'd have to get exact values for a few of them, but each game was either a victory for the QK or a draw.  It was nice to be able to get 3 games in one night, and it was quite refreshing since things are a little more relaxed for the brain at these low points.  

I have a nasty HS3 list cooked up for 300 points that I'm really looking forward to trying out, but after that I may start to theme the army...

To the QK peacekeeping division!   Why both killing all of your opponents when you can subdue them with stuns and then grab objectives while they aren't looking?  With high WIP, loads of linkable FOs, an EVO repeater, and a bunch of flash pulse REMS, you can make a great army that achieves victory through stunning, healing, and annoying your opponent.   Should be a fun change-up, hopefully it doesn't turn out to be annoying as hell to play against!

Thanks to Ian, Eric, and Seth for the games tonight!

• Like 2

Here we go, the Qapu Khalqi peacekeeping for strategic trade force!

logo_403.png Qapu Khalqi

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9  orden_irregular.png1  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_23.pngKAMEEL Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
logo_18.pngRAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
logo_20.pngSHAYTANIYAH REMOTE Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png8  orden_irregular.png2  orden_impetuosa.png2
logo_1.pngGHULAM Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 13)
logo_5.pngKAPLAN Engineer Combi Rifle, Adhesive Launcher, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)

4 SWC | 300 Points

EVO overclock and the Ghulam link give me 7 b2 flash pulse AROS, 4 at effective WIP 17, 3 at 13, and two more individual flash pulses from the Hawwa FOs.  In active the focus is to move up, stunning anyone who has their head poked out, then claiming ground and objectives.  In the mean time Yuan-yuan can la cover with smoke and be a wrench in the opponent's plan.  For aggressive threats that need to be taken out, an army worth of forward observers and sniffers can get targets marked for guided missiles and grenade spec-shots.  The EVO being on the board offers the additional bonuses of a static +3 for Yuan-yuan to land, and eliminating the -6 WIP imposed on Sat-lock.  

I would play the s*** out of this list.

Thanks Pete and Cody for the games at Dice Age last night.

Pete got straight up slapped by the dice gods, and gave into their call on turn two.  I know how it goes, we had a game before where I collapsed against his bolt link in the same way.  The gods don't giveth, but they certainly taketh away.

Cody brought his dual-link Morat list consisting of a 5-man Rodok link and Kornak + 2 Suryats for heavy support.  He moved the Rodoks up in his turn and got 4 of them into the armory.  In my turn I sent in yuan-yuans, a Sekban, and Djanbazan to take them out and claim it for myself.  He began moving up his heavies to knock me out, and I spent my next two turns just trying to eliminate them.   They didn't kill a whole lot of my guys, but they are tough as nails to take down!  Last turn I managed to bring the final one down by setting him on fire with rockets.

Thanks for the games, guys.   Hope I can make it next Wednesday!

• Like 1

Had my first loss with the QK today against Eric and his Nomads.  I had plans, but they all fell apart when his link team ripped me up in ARO and I couldn't roll shots for [big bad swear word].  Still, it was a fun game, and his list is really punishing if you don't get rid of a few orders first turn (which I majorly biffed on).  Good game, would do it all over again.

Another loss for the QK!   Played against James' Nomads at 150 points for the league.

The games started off well.  I got first turn and used my single yuan-yuan to clear the board of mines and koalas.  After that she ran up and punched the moran to death.  I got caught off guard by a drop-in HMG that took out a few troops.  My defense was all to the front, and I only had one model at a time that could react to it.  In my turn I manage to take it out and get back into position, but my yuan yuan failed to wound a zero who made some epic saves then finally put a bullet in my poor yuan's head.  Third turn I didn't get much done, but I took out a jag who was putting pressure on my back line.   In his final turn, an unstoppable morlock crossed the board and took my Djan out of commission, sealing the win for the Nomads.    

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Played 200 points against Nate's Steel Phalanx today for the escalation league.  Takeaway is this: Hector is a dick  :biggrin: 

logo_403.png Qapu Khalqi

GROUP 1sep.gifsep.giforden_regular.png9  orden_irregular.png1  orden_impetuosa.png1
logo_1.pngGHULAM (Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
logo_7.pngDJANBAZAN Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)
logo_8.pngAZRA'IL AP HMG / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 41)

GROUP 2sep.gifsep.giforden_irregular.png1  orden_impetuosa.png1

3.5 SWC | 196 Points

Nate had hector in a cheap link, a doctor, a netrod, and 1 or two other dudes.  I won WIP and decided to go first.

I started off huddled up in a corner with my defensive link looking out over the board.  Yuan Yuan dropped in with the single order one in my DZ, and the other walked on near the far end of the board.  I threw smoke for my Djan to shoot through, forgetting that 4-man links have SS2 already (oh well).  I still put a wound on him with shock and dropped him down.  Then the Yuan Yuan moved up, and thanks to booty was able to lay down some pain with a shotgun, taking out two models.  The Djan made a quick last stop to take out a Netrod, but I didn't move her back into enough cover.

Nate moved up with Hector and took out the Djan, Yuan Yuan, then the sniper in my link team (My AROs this game were all [big bad swear word]e).   He moved back into defensive ground and dropped link to put everyone in suppressive fire.

Turn two I moved the Azra'il to the right flank and took on two of his suppressive dudes.   I took the first out no problem, then failed to hit the other on 4 orders, finally taking a wound myself and sending him hiding in a building *sigh*.

Nate continued to take shots with hector, and took out another member of the link before moving into position to keep me from getting to the HVT. 

I tried to get there anyway but failed, nothing good happened this turn but I did lose the Azra'il to ARO (My active turn shots this game were also [big bad swear word]e).  

Nate goes on the move his last turn and takes out a last model or two with Hector, getting himself some last-minute points.

We finished with a 4-4 tie, him with more kills and more on the table, me with one classified and a few soldiers still hanging on.

I would use everything in this list again, but first I will hold hot coals to them for shooting like a bunch of storm troopers.   If you are getting out-shot by a Yuan Yuan, then we need to talk.  Thanks for the game, Nate!

logo_702.png Steel Phalanx

orden_regular.png8  

logo_2.pngDACTYL Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle, Adhesive-Launcher, Nimbus Grenades / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 23)

logo_30.pngACMON Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, Nimbus Grenades, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0 | 27)

logo_3.pngTHORAKITES Feuerbach, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 22)

logo_3.pngTHORAKITES (Forward Observer, 360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

logo_3.pngTHORAKITES (Forward Observer, 360º Visor) Submachine gun, Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

logo_32.pngHECTOR Lieutenant Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser, Stun Grenades + 1 TinBot A / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 71)

logo_12.pngNETROD Electric Pulse. (0 | 4)

logo_22.pngTHAMYRIS Hacker (Hacking Device) Pitcher, Nanopulser / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

logo_11.pngYUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)

2 SWC | 200 Points

well, that yuan freaking killed 50 points with a booty roll shotgun lol.  also my other main aro weapon by the djan in the feurbach thorakitai.  i had no choice but to just rampage with hector.  and holy hell he can rampage haha.  seriously he is pretty stupid good.  but yea your azrail probably should have killed the thorakitai.  i was praying the suppressive fire would make you waste more orders but didnt think it would be THAT many and he would survive!  good game dude and im excited to see your higher point list!  I honestly had no choice but to hide with your nasty azrail there and link sniper or djan so its so brutal to have yuans as a weapon against hiders.  also is annoying not to have any TO or even regular camo to counter them 'sigh' im spoiled with vanilla aleph haha.  

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like CB finally corrected their mistake and made it official that you can't add Hafza to Druze or Kaplan links.   While it will make those links more expensive, it certainly doesn't make them any less effective.  Oh well, we've had it too good for too long anyway!

• Like 2