New list for Portland ITC in June

The tournament ended and I went 1-1-3.

The tournament was crazy. We had over 14 ties. The winner had 4 wins and a Draw After 5 games. No one had a perfect win record.

All my games where close coming down to game in roll on all but the Final games.

As for the List it self it works really well. All of my opponents had just a few units on the table.

I made some bad charge choices in my 3 loss's. I am not us to multi charging units and made some blunders. Game 5 that cost me the game more then likely.

I faced turn:

1 A sky hammer, gray knight list. Win for me 10

2 3 Imperial Knights with a riptide wing. Any other mission but Kill Points with the IK I would have won. It is hard to win when he only has 9 with just 6 models.

3 I played a rematch of my Storm of Silence turn one. Jeremy Veysserie, The French Overlord as he known to some, played me with his Tau riptide wing and plasma death star. This time my dice where average and a little luck at times. Not multi charging turn 2 in to a riptide and his death star I feel coast me the game. It was a great game I killed his Star and 2 riptides turn 2 with my thunder wolves. I got a luck 7 for double movement from the Murderpack, He had killed all of my podded Wulfen but 1. I didn't combo one of the thunder wolves in to a third riptide which game him s extra fire power to keep me from reaching him as he ran away. He played smart and won victory out of my hands. It was a hard loss as I should have had him.

Loss with 6 points

4. Raven guard Dimi with Skyhammer and a formation scouts outflanked which allowed the Vanguard not to scatter,, Also the Vanguard vets could charge as well Out of deep strike as well. So 4 assault pack units that assaulted out of deep strike. Was interesting. Lost turn 5 Because of a 12 inch charge and the game ending on the dice roll of a 1. Turn 6 I would have tabled him. I lost with 4 points.

5 Was Vs a 8 Riptide list. Riptides have been my bane all tournament. In short he shot me with his whole army at me twice turn one.. Then twice turn 2 Counting over watch. What little survived didn't the numbers to kill 3++ MC in combat. It was a rough game. I made a mastake in charging that would have allowed me to possible be able to win. but I don't know. By this time I was worren out. Loss with 0 points.

All of my opponents where great and We finished all our games well with in time. The games ending on turn 5 a few times was frustrating As I only needed two kill a couple of guy's to table.

I was on the top tables for the first 3 rounds then drop to the bottom of the pack. I learned a lot about the list, how to multi-charge and I think I may have a new way to run it.

As for the list. With the current rulings it is a beast. Every army I faced was left with only a couple of models left on the table.

Entail they change the VSG rules it allows this army to position to its best advantage.

The two wolfen units dropping in are just crazy. I had everyone shoot the (please do not swear) out of them and I always had a few survive. I had two IK charge a unit of three Wulfen. One Wulfen failed to save a str 10 impact hit. It then died and got to hit at I 10 with 4 attacks which turned in to 5 attacks which proceeded to kill the IK that killed it before it could swing in combat, giving me warlord . The other two wulfen in the unit did two hull points only to the other knight.

The +2 for the wulfen chart is nice and I was moving 15inches or 24 in the movement phase almost every game at lest once or twice.

The Libby is the only thing I think I will change if I keep the list as IS. Getting another Thunderwolf IC would be better I think.

Needing to find a way to help make the Wulfen more survivable in the pods. I think I am going to take a close look at the sky hammer formation. I may lose a unit of thunder wolves and the VSG to do this but I think it could be worth it. those two units do a lot of work if they survive.

All and all it was a good time and a lot of fun.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a great learning experience, even if you didn't out pace your Bugs.  It does sound like your Wolfs may have out performed your bugs, though, with as many ties came up across the player base.  What are your thoughts on this, do you think you would have placed higher with them?  NO REGRETS!

My wolves did work you can ask any of my opponents. With the void shield gen. I was able to kill what I wanted for the most part.

As for my bugs I would have had real big issues with my Tyranids wit the Second player. Kill points with knights and Riptide wing is really hard. My 5th round opponent with the 8 riptides would have eaten me for lunch.

My bugs would have done ok I think. But I don't know about how the would play out. I run with only 3 flyrants and a odd collection of unit that I have a lot of play time with.

I learned a lot of charging with the wolves which I wouldn't not have learned with the Nids.

With almost every top table getting a tie in the 2nd round it made life interesting for the rest of the tournament. LOL

I think we are all getting use to the format. It was crazy!!

I had two ties which was kind of weird.  They didn't feel like ties.  They were.

I dislike the changes the ITC made to scoring objectives.  It just favors the alpha strike too darn much, as if the game needed more help in that regard.

I missed the charge on Jeremy's Crisis star, which really changed the games outlook.  Added bonus, my Pirahna immobilized itself trying to stop him from scoring a point and I might have had the worst performance by dice for 2016, rolling 1's on 2+ cover saves like it was going out of style and really, rolling nada for pretty much the entire duration.  We both kind of just watched it happen.  It was real bad.  There were enormous rocks I could have used for cover had i stomped the Crisis star silly and forced it to flee or destroyed it.  That was the pivotal moment for our game.  Given a second round to do damage the Crisis star did just that and once that ball of pain got going it was hard to stop.

I played Logans Daemons and won that game.  My Commander was MVP.  He got charged by Khorne Dogs and swung away round after round.  That was fun.  My Stealth suits fought his Bikers and eventually killed them.  I was proud of the little guys.

I tied against a Space Wolf because he had like a million pods and the objectives were "Have more stuff over yonder than your opponent" which i could pretty much never do so we tied.  Terrain was hungry and ate a lot of Stealth suits in that game, and the warp misdirected two units so that was fun, but all's well that ends well as it had minimal effect if any on the game.  My Ghostkels did pretty good work in that game and helped me.

I mis-scored a game, forgetting that I was Obsec, which was a dumb error.  I had the primary 5-4 againt Necrons+ Chaos Marines, but scored it as a 4-3 his favor.  Oops.  I am still kicking myself over that one.  I learned that Chaos Marine Librarius Conclaves are awesome,

And then for some weird reason I ended up playing Vincent price and his Triple Knights plus Riptide Wing (Whuuut? but yes).  I think someone dropped or something which is why we ended up playing because he was definitely ranked higher by that point.  Fun game.  We tied that game as well.  I had a good shot at winning it but I just didn't hide my Crisis suits well enough and he just managed to get them into his sights, twice actually.

I learned quite a bit.  All six people we brought won a prize of some kind so that was cool.