2 events in sherwood upcoming(aug 13th and sept 4th)

Don't Panic

https://www.facebook.com/events/1025071744213463/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1928821154011058/

Im not posting the times this time cause apparently i suck at that :P but it SAYS at THIS POINT 11am-6pm for both days.

the first one in august is: 

"

Here comes the second tournament at Glimpses of Wonder and Warfare! This time we're focusing on objectives instead of beating face.

300 Points
Special Operations
No Spec-Ops

Scenarios are:
Antenna Field
Sieze the Antennas
Supplies

$10 Entry
ITS prize support pack"

The second one over labor day weekend(why i will delay my GG event for later this fall...):

"Here comes the third tournament at Glimpses of Wonder and Warfare! We're doing something a little special for Labor Day. All the missions used in this scenario make use of an Objective Room!

300 Points
Special Operations
12 point Spec-Ops

Scenarios are:
Engineering Deck
Beacon Race
Coffin Raiders

$10 Entry
ITS prize support pack"

Come and have fun.  great shop and adam has some great terrain!  there will also be a couple cali friends of his coming up to crush our skulls. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, Adam, Dan, Pete (from SF), Joel, Nate R, Nate K, Isaac, Daniel, and anybody else I forgot.

I won one game. That was against Isaac and my first game. His dice were okay. My dice were on fire. I made two bonehead moves, but did a good job overall. His Swiss Guard was his MVP. My Clockmaker was mine. I played a nasty trick with my killer hacker and managed to secure the antenna field and my classified.

I played Pete and his ISS for the second game. I put him on his heels, but he went second. He had a TO n ninja TO hiden near the center antenna . On his last order, he revealed and touched the button. Meh. Seize the Antennas needs an exclusion zone, so the person who goes second goes not win the game with a TO hidden guy.

The last game was against Nate Roberts. I have never beat Nate. I did not today. He had a good plan and better rolls. The third turn was my down fall. Nagas and Daisus won the day.

I learn each time I play and played two players I had never fought against before. One day, I would like to score well against Nate R, but sadly it will have to wait. He is moving away.

• Like 1

Gimplses of Wonders is a very nice store. True , it is on the far edge of the metro area in Sherwood, but it not hard to get to. There is plenty of parking and the store is friendly, clean, and could easily hold a sixteen person tournament. The store has kit-bashed terrain that is a tactical challenge to play on. The store has a nice selection of Infinity, GamesWorkshop, X-Wing, Guild ball, and board games.

Tuesday is their Infinity Night.

Thank you, Adam, Dan, Pete (from SF), Joel, Nate R, Nate K, Isaac, Daniel, and anybody else I forgot.

I won one game. That was against Isaac and my first game. His dice were okay. My dice were on fire. I made two bonehead moves, but did a good job overall. His Swiss Guard was his MVP. My Clockmaker was mine. I played a nasty trick with my killer hacker and managed to secure the antenna field and my classified.

I played Pete and his ISS for the second game. I put him on his heels, but he went second. He had a TO n ninja TO hiden near the center antenna . On his last order, he revealed and touched the button. Meh. Seize the Antennas needs an exclusion zone, so the person who goes second goes not win the game with a TO hidden guy.

The last game was against Nate Roberts. I have never beat Nate. I did not today. He had a good plan and better rolls. The third turn was my down fall. Nagas and Daisus won the day.

I learn each time I play and played two players I had never fought against before. One day, I would like to score well against Nate R, but sadly it will have to wait. He is moving away.

agreed about the exclusion zone.  i knew when nate picked second i basically lost unless i could get my sensor bot up there(couldnt thanks to atalanta besting my one option to kill her and she trapped the bot).  its very 'tact-less' imo and probably my least favorite mission due to that.  half the reason why i picked aleph was for doing that TO infiltration trick on that mission... 

as for games. lets get one more in before i go if we can.  re-do that decapitation mission to give it a fair ending... 

• 2 weeks later...