Game Sat?

Steel Angel

I would play for sure but wouldn't be able to give you the game you're looking for. I only have 1200 so far. Need to build out the rest.

I do have some acrylic stick figures as stand ins. I use them for tooling around at home. I could play a full 2000 if you'd be cool with me using those for practice but they dont look very good.

I only have about 1000 points of Ironjawz, but I'd love to get a game or two in before Sunday's tournament at Borderland Games down south.

Head over to Guardian Games at 5:00.

It sounds like you and Thomatron would be a good matchup as he hasnt played in a while and would need to proxie stuff to get 2k anyway.

Ill still plan to be there and help ya all get started:)

Had a great couple of games! First battle was a Take and Hold against the Wood Elves. Krum showed them who Da Megaboss was, and really got up close and personal. It was a slaughter for the Ironjawz, and many Wood Elf Teef were looted. But they are very small, and not worth much. Bob the Shaman manged to summon the Foot of Gork (casting value 10, but Bob was in an Arcane Ruin, and he had 10 models nearby so the casting roll was at +2. I rolled a 9). The Wood Elves failed to disbind my spell, and the Foot of Gork stomped no less then 4 times doing a ton of Mortal Wounds. Suddenly, all of Krum's Boyz stopped in wonder at the awesome power Bob showed in that Hero Phase, and even Krum paused for a second before grunting and splitting open a few more Wood Elf heads!

Game two: Blood and Glory. This time, the Wood Elves were more sneaky and cunnin'. Using their fast movement and ranged weapons better, they managed to make Krum look like one of them there porcupines (I mean, really, who fails four 3+ saves in one round of shooting? This guy!). There was some very humorous failed charges in this game, and this time, Thomatron didn't rush to engage the Ironjawz. Best combat of the game for the Ironjawz: My last Brute armed with a Gore Choppa charges six Glade Guard. I think they were Glade Guard? LOL We laughed as the models all had daggers/blades in one hand, and bows in the other, so they apparently shoot daggers and blades with their bows. That unit had pin cushioned Krum, devastated my Brutes, and was well on it's way to winning the game by sitting on an objective until my Brute finally managed to pull off a charge. This game went all five turns, and came down to Bob, the Ironjawz Shaman charging a Wood Elf Hero and whiffing in close combat. All he had to do was survive to make the game a tie... and he fell to the mighty blows of the Wood Elf Hero. Best combo in that game: Wood Elf Phoenix Guard with a 4+ reroll save and a 4++ ward save, and on a save of a six, the enemy takes a mortal wound! Spell called Briar Thorn Armor or something. That was the Bee's Knees! I took a lot of wounds from that spell because my guys are melee monsters!

So I went 1-1 in practice, but it gave me a good sense of how my army plays. The Gore Grunta Cav are fast, and if they charge more then 8", hit HARD. Otherwise, they are a great unit that is tough to kill (5 wounds each, and a 4+ save). The Megaboss Krum kills a lot in close combat, but might have problems against big critters... Brutes and Ardboyz are slow, but have a ton of melee attacks and when given Mystic Shield... 3+ which is awesome! The Shaman was no joke, and getting off a Foot of Gork spell will do bad things to your opponent. Of course, rolling doubles for his casting resulted in more than a few extra wounds on my army as Bob's Wild Powah went... wild.

In Sum: Ironjawz are slow, but once in close combat, I can't think of any unit I've seen in the game yet that can match them for attacks and wounds. Shooting is their greatest weakness, and Thomatron really took advantage of that in the second game. All the Ironjaws have at least 2 wounds and a 4+ save with a ton of attacks. The Ironjawz are pretty much the exact army I wanted to play in AoS and I'm happy I picked them up!  

• Like 1

Thanks again for the games! I was looking over the rules for Blood and Glory and I think we tied on objectives and would have had to go to units destroyed to figure it out. I took one of your objectives and you took one of mine. I'm happy for a tie though. Really need to revamp my 1k list with more shooting. Thanks also for the strategy advice as well!

• Like 1

Had a great couple of games! First battle was a Take and Hold against the Wood Elves. Krum showed them who Da Megaboss was, and really got up close and personal. It was a slaughter for the Ironjawz, and many Wood Elf Teef were looted. But they are very small, and not worth much. Bob the Shaman manged to summon the Foot of Gork (casting value 10, but Bob was in an Arcane Ruin, and he had 10 models nearby so the casting roll was at +2. I rolled a 9). The Wood Elves failed to disbind my spell, and the Foot of Gork stomped no less then 4 times doing a ton of Mortal Wounds. Suddenly, all of Krum's Boyz stopped in wonder at the awesome power Bob showed in that Hero Phase, and even Krum paused for a second before grunting and splitting open a few more Wood Elf heads!

Game two: Blood and Glory. This time, the Wood Elves were more sneaky and cunnin'. Using their fast movement and ranged weapons better, they managed to make Krum look like one of them there porcupines (I mean, really, who fails four 3+ saves in one round of shooting? This guy!). There was some very humorous failed charges in this game, and this time, Thomatron didn't rush to engage the Ironjawz. Best combat of the game for the Ironjawz: My last Brute armed with a Gore Choppa charges six Glade Guard. I think they were Glade Guard? LOL We laughed as the models all had daggers/blades in one hand, and bows in the other, so they apparently shoot daggers and blades with their bows. That unit had pin cushioned Krum, devastated my Brutes, and was well on it's way to winning the game by sitting on an objective until my Brute finally managed to pull off a charge. This game went all five turns, and came down to Bob, the Ironjawz Shaman charging a Wood Elf Hero and whiffing in close combat. All he had to do was survive to make the game a tie... and he fell to the mighty blows of the Wood Elf Hero. Best combo in that game: Wood Elf Phoenix Guard with a 4+ reroll save and a 4++ ward save, and on a save of a six, the enemy takes a mortal wound! Spell called Briar Thorn Armor or something. That was the Bee's Knees! I took a lot of wounds from that spell because my guys are melee monsters!

So I went 1-1 in practice, but it gave me a good sense of how my army plays. The Gore Grunta Cav are fast, and if they charge more then 8", hit HARD. Otherwise, they are a great unit that is tough to kill (5 wounds each, and a 4+ save). The Megaboss Krum kills a lot in close combat, but might have problems against big critters... Brutes and Ardboyz are slow, but have a ton of melee attacks and when given Mystic Shield... 3+ which is awesome! The Shaman was no joke, and getting off a Foot of Gork spell will do bad things to your opponent. Of course, rolling doubles for his casting resulted in more than a few extra wounds on my army as Bob's Wild Powah went... wild.

In Sum: Ironjawz are slow, but once in close combat, I can't think of any unit I've seen in the game yet that can match them for attacks and wounds. Shooting is their greatest weakness, and Thomatron really took advantage of that in the second game. All the Ironjaws have at least 2 wounds and a 4+ save with a ton of attacks. The Ironjawz are pretty much the exact army I wanted to play in AoS and I'm happy I picked them up!  

Most excellent review!