First Ever Freehand

Gailbraithe

That is absolutely fantastic! Incredible work and great detail, down to the feathers on the chestplate-Aquila and on the wings of the Chaplain's crozius. This is an amazing 50th attempt, let alone a first attempt. I presume the paintings are of the occupants of the tank? Is this a Land Raider for your command squad?

One suggestion - on the Captain, the upper body is outlined in black, which makes it stand out nicely from the background of the tank. The legs look like they haven't been outlined yet, and fade into the tank more than the torso. If this isn't just an artifact of the photography, I'd suggest adding some darker outlines on the legs.

I really hope this is something you're going to continue throughout the army, because the effect is stunning!

• Like 2

That is absolutely fantastic! Incredible work and great detail, down to the feathers on the chestplate-Aquila and on the wings of the Chaplain's crozius. This is an amazing 50th attempt, let alone a first attempt. I presume the paintings are of the occupants of the tank? Is this a Land Raider for your command squad?

One suggestion - on the Captain, the upper body is outlined in black, which makes it stand out nicely from the background of the tank. The legs look like they haven't been outlined yet, and fade into the tank more than the torso. If this isn't just an artifact of the photography, I'd suggest adding some darker outlines on the legs.

I really hope this is something you're going to continue throughout the army, because the effect is stunning!

The marine is Armadeus Darkwind, the founder of my chapter.  The chaplain is just a generic chaplain, but this Land Raider is supposed to be my chaplain's dedicated transport.  

I think I will go back and add a little more outlining to the legs as you suggest.

And yeah, I have two Valks I've got to get painted up for my IG, and I found some hilarious 40k themed pin-up art to use as nose art.  

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.