OFCC Kill Team List Noodling

WestRider

I've got my list set for the main 40K event, but I'm trying to figure out what I want to bring to the Kill Team event. My one absolute requirement is that it have at least 15 Models, so that it outnumbers my 2K Army :D This leads to a couple of obvious Codex choices right off the bat:

Orks:
11 Boyz, Shootaz, Trukk w/Rokkit
3 Bikez, Nob w/Klaw

OR
10 Boyz, Shootaz, Trukk w/Rokkit
5 Kommandos, Nob w/Klaw

Nids:
3 Warriors, DeathSpitters, Rending Claws, Flesh Hooks
13 Hormagaunts

Stealer Cult:
10 Acolytes, Goliath
10 Neophytes, Mortar, Flamer, Webber

IG:
Platoon Command Squad, Power Weapon (probably Maul, maybe Axe), Mortar, Plasmagun
Infantry Squad, Autocannon, Sniper Rifle, Meltabombs
Infantry Squad, Autocannon, Sniper Rifle

Alpha Legion:
10 Cultists, Shotgun, 3 Autoguns, Stubber
6 Chosen, Power Maul, Autocannon, Flamer

That's what I've thought of so far. I'm sure I'll come up with more. And then have to decide among them :P

• Like 1

The Ork Trukk/Bikes list actually came to mind because it uses their old Battleforce perfectly. Unfortunately, the new Start Collecting box doesn't work nearly as well for KT. Maybe I'll find one sitting around somewhere, or maybe just get a Trukk Boyz box and a box of Bikes.

Also, just realized that, altho I do still have some IG, I can't actually run that List, because I offloaded all my Heavy Weapons. What I have left is basically Vets and Scions.

2 hours ago, WestRider said:

I doubt they'll be terribly effective, but I like having the option to go after dudes hiding back in a corner where I can't easily see or get to them. Plus, they're super-fluffy for Games on this scale.

Mortar does seem like a really strong option for Kill team, even if it only serves to make the opponent reconsider their own backfield units.