I'm considering getting a Witcher game

I bought the first 2 on sale from steam a long time ago and started playing last week. It seems fun so far. I have about an hour in and I am enjoying it. They are really cheap to acquire and I don't think you will be disappointed. Little bit much on the boobs and jiggling but I am in it to slay monsters and be a bad ass.

• Like 1

The Witcher is FANTASTIC.

They made some game play changes from the first to the second which are very nice, but hte 1st is still fun. The story is great, and the world is very well-realized. It has the best gritty fantasy flavor I've every seen in a game.

If you play through the Witcher 1, your choices will have effects on some elements of the Witcher 2, as well as your starting gear. Rumour is thatthe same goes for the Witcher 3.

The Witcher games are great for having very interesting choices to make, which have real impact in the game and change the narrative considerably.

If you are only going to play one, then the Witcher 2 is the way to go. One of my favorite games of all time.

• Like 1

The Witcher 2 is one of my favorites as well. The story is adult-themed and incredibly well executed. It plays great and uses a combat system that actually requires you to fight smart. The setting and atmosphere are excellent too.

Just all around it is a really good game.

• Like 2

ok, so I got on the hype train for this game and all ready to take the plunge, I finally finished Shadows of Mordor to clear the que...and this is going to sounds silly, but it's a thing for me, I hear it's a REALLY long game...

Does sound silly. Do you feel compelled to finish games you start?

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so I got on the hype train for this game and all ready to take the plunge, I finally finished Shadows of Mordor to clear the que...and this is going to sounds silly, but it's a thing for me, I hear it's a REALLY long game...

Oh! How was Shadows?

I'm interested in trying the Witcher, but I have to choose my games knowing that my kids could be hanging over my shoulder at any given time. Sneaky little gits.

Shadows  is kid safe, witcher is NOT, so much NOT, for language alone

I like shadows, it's as involved as you want it to be and your deaths actually make an impact on the game.  There is an entire Uruk promotions system, with captains and sergeants.  When you die, the Uruk that kills you gets promoted, it also allows a Uruk action when you die so the Uruk fight amongst themselves for promotion as well.  I'm not a LotR super guru so I found the story line entertaining and enlightening.

• 4 weeks later...

Got Witcher 3 a few days ago, just due to a lack of other games worth playing on the ps4.

Game is actually very good. I've got the expected play-style annoyances with this this game, but overall, I've been enjoying it.

Though I do keep wondering what the the NPCs think when I approach a signpost and disappear....

PS: game is very much inappropriate for children. Lots of nudity, gore, sexual themes, and swearing. Much of the plot is also child nightmare material, if just left to the imagination. I'm actually surprised that ESRB didn't rate it AO....

This comment makes me want to watch Claymore.

It's not the same thing. But the Witcher concept and the Claymore concept are very similar in that they are humans trained from childhood and mutated to fight against evil, but in doing so, ostracize themselves from humanity. Both serve an Organization which is somewhat impartial to the needs of humanity, and forces entirely on their designated foe.

Though Claymore is certainly worth watching, if you haven't already seen it.

Playing through Witcher 1 now. Story is great. The interface is pretty clunky, especially combat.  Pretty much just clicking after X number of swings to continue your combo (when the on-screen icon changes to a flaming sword).  Also, the alchemy requiring resting, which can only be done at inns and special 'campfire' locations is a bit clunky as well, IMO.

Still a pretty fun game.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just picked up the witcher 3. I'm not too far in but I got into an epic fight with a griffon! Swords were flying, arrows wizzed through the air & spells were cast! At the end of it all I felt like a total badass. Then I went back to town & my next quest was to retrieve an old ladies frying pan...

10/10 would sautee again.

• Like 2