Chaos Bastions?

Okay, Imperial Bastion exists in Index: Imperium 2 and that building is listed as unaligned. Chaos Bastion is in Index: Chaos and is aligned to chaos. I can't seem to find any other differences here. 

What is the distinction here? Is there a way that a chaos player can benefit from having an aligned building? Any reason Chaos player would want to include an unaligned bastion instead of a chaos bastion?

Just now, WestRider said:

I think it was basically just done because GW actually had a Chaos Bastion available for sale at one point. It was just a regular Bastion that also came with a spiky sprue, but it was a released product, so they gave it an Index entry.

That was what I was thinking, but all the same, was hoping there would be some sort of tactical advantage to having the Chaos Faction. I suppose maybe that will be an option for a future detachment. 

Anyway, thanks for the help. 

• 1 month later...
On October 14, 2017 at 9:19 PM, paxmiles said:

Okay, Imperial Bastion exists in Index: Imperium 2 and that building is listed as unaligned. Chaos Bastion is in Index: Chaos and is aligned to chaos. I can't seem to find any other differences here. 

What is the distinction here? Is there a way that a chaos player can benefit from having an aligned building? Any reason Chaos player would want to include an unaligned bastion instead of a chaos bastion?

Wow. Huge error here. Rather than peeking at Imperium 2, I now own both books. The Chaos Bastion IS different than the imperial one. Unclear if this intentional, but the differences are:

Imperial Bastion has a 3+ save. Chaos Bastion has a 4+ save.

Imperial Bastion is toughness 9. Chaos Bastion is toughness 10.

Chaos bastion also has serveral stats with numbers in them, where the imperial bastion has dashes. Chaos bastion has 0 attacks, 0 movement, 0 strength, and leadership 6. Imperial bastion has dashes in all of those stats. I kinda feel like this should be in the FAQ....

They are both the same point cost, and have all other identical abilities/characteristics. 

22 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Sure, the spikey bits give the chaos bastion higher toughness, but years of disrepair reduce the save.

Go team logic!

Something like that. Or maybe mutations should be added...

Still, they are different, and that's the interesting bit.