They had one at the LGS. Ya, too displeasing to my eyes. Not the aesthetic I want, regardless of rules. 

I damn near picked up a Knight. Glad I didn't. Not when we have baby knights coming. And unpainted plastic sitting. Considering unloading a bunch of my marines. Not sure. [big bad swear word], I forgot to get a squad of Reavers. Dagnabbit.

Good thing I'm heading to Home Depot.

I didn't get the reavers. I did, however, pick up 4 boxes of Pigs on the Wing.

List I'm liking at the moment:

Supreme Command

4 Bikes

Supreme Command 

3 bikes

Patrol 

Prim Lt

Intercessor

2x Repulsors

5 CP to work with. Everything is Grav, suck my dust, Eldar. Tanks get +1 to wound, and all power armor is ObSec.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These bikes are monstrous! On the rest, if I can be patient, I'm going to prime and paint the Biker, the Bike, the lance, the shoulder pads, and the steering column/left arm separately. The head perhaps. Depends on color scheme for them. I was thinking largely black, with bronze features, and red highlights.  However, looking at the primed model, I'd like to maybe do something different. Hmmm.

I've made some substantial changes to what I'm doing and working on at the moment, organizing it to better not feel overwhelmed by sprue or conflicting alignments.  I have boxed: all non-Primaris and non-Librarian Marines; Deathguard; Khorne Daemons and Lord of Skulls, except for Juggies; and I think that is it.  

Things I left out to work on:

Primaris w/2 Repulsors  / the Librarian Conclave w/2 Drop Pods

Tempestus

AdMech / Knights

Adeptus Custodes

Listing it out seems like a lot, especially if I try to keep to single faction detachments.  This has me considering side lining the Primaris/Librarians, or the Tempestus at the moment, too.  I think I just talked myself into putting the Stormtroopers in the box for now.  

Heading down to play a younger Blood Angels player who would like to face my Knights, but I need to play a game vs him and check his skill before I do that.  We are playing 1500, no stratagems. At the moment I'm leaning towards

1 Bike Captain

3x3 Bikers

AND

2 more Captains and Standard -OR- Knight Warden

I don't think he has much experience versus elite armies. Most of the games I've seen him play have been versus Guard of both the Death and Imperial varietes.  I worry that the Knight will cause probs for him when combined with my 2+4/5++ bikes.  We'll see what happens. ^_^

I have played against him once before, kind of. It was a 2v1, with his Angels allied with Primaris Ultramarines, versus my Khorne and Deatguard. I played super sloppy in more of a show of force so he could see what my units did, as the Primaris player (also the ImpGuard guy) decided almost everything they did...so I feel we really didn't play.

I like the jetbikes, but I kinda feel they are less cool the more you have, as least visually. Dunno, something about mass production reduces the appeal of a relic army...

Less is more, I feel ya.  I also played a lot of Joust and Zelda II, not to mention Vampire Hunter D, so badass armored Knights on badass steel horses are rad. 10 are needed to run a Custodes Outrider detachment. Or I can run Supreme Command Detachment and take 3 to 5 Shield Capns on Dawneagles each time. Hell of a lot quicker way to add them and get CP out of them.

• Like 1

Hmmmm.....

I like the FW Custodian Termies more than I like the GW ones. I think I'll order both of the FW and one of the GW and see how Kit Bashing goes. Perhaps conscript the 3 GW termies to Standard Bearer duties? We shall see.

I'd like to get 1 of each Contemptor Dread, as well. Honestly, I'm hoping the FW Custodes book provides an alternative Troop option, as I'm just not overtly keen on them. Heavy Support is going to be over loaded in options, I suspect. I would like to see something other than the Phobos in the Heavy Slot, and that Chronos is almost 400 points. Elites are already popping with options, but we'll see a couple dreads pop up there. I wonder if the big dread will be HS or LoW.

21 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Also, 12 hardly constitutes mass production when you consider there is at minimal a battle companies worth of them. 

Okay, not mass production, but when I think relics, I picture a squad of three, where the third is breaking down, but functional. You show up with 12 in perfect working order, and that says to me you have spare parts enough to make 100 - so you can replace the damaged parts after each battle. 

Just now, InfestedKerrigan said:

Pax, when I have 2 Telemon, you can grumble about "too many Relics from the reliquary"

No clue what Tele-mon is. Sounds like a pok-e-mon.

Dunno, just seems lacking to see an entire army of DA Sammys in Gold. One was awesome, each you add cheapens the others. 

23 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Okay, not mass production, but when I think relics, I picture a squad of three, where the third is breaking down, but functional. You show up with 12 in perfect working order, and that says to me you have spare parts enough to make 100 - so you can replace the damaged parts after each battle. 

I think their are over 1000 of them in existence, not 3. Keep in mind, 10k Custodes with many older than the Traitor Legions and their lords, and more perfect, too.  Going by just Codex Options, they have Bikes, Termie Armor, Super Power Armor, Contemptorization, or Phobos LRs.  I don't think their is more than half a chapters worth of Contemptors in their ranks. Perhaps 2 Chapters of Terminators? Is that unreasonable for the last Loyalist Legion?

Is it unreasonable to think that they would have the best bikes with the best in house mechanics?

No clue what Tele-mon is. Sounds like a pok-e-mon.

Custodes mega Dread. Their fluff says only a handful exist and their plates were forged by Emprah. 

Dunno, just seems lacking to see an entire army of DA Sammys in Gold. One was awesome, each you add cheapens the others. 

Firstly, not painting mine Gold.  

Secondly, when I saw Sammiel, I wanted an army of them, and would've probably if Chinacast had been as prevalent then. 

Instead, I waited, and GW responded to the interest in Imperial Grav, and I have been able to support my LGSs.

24 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Secondly, when I saw Sammiel, I wanted an army of them 

Ah, well if you want a Sammy army, they are that. Anyway, field whatever. I look forward to your painted Sammy army. 

All that said. I'm not so much building things by GW fluff. I picture the Pinkertons more as an anime at the moment, I guess. I have my own fluff, own ideas of how everything interacts, etc. If guard are guard, Primaris are Power Armored guys, and Custodes are Royal Guard. Hey, just like it is, except we fly one banner while waiting to follow the worms.