Hq 

90 Lvl 2 libby force sword

90 Lvl 2 libby force sword

Tr

200 10 tact mg ml rhino

200 10 tact mg ml rhino

200 10 tact mg ml rhino

200 10 tact mg ml drop pod

This instead? 20 points to spend. How to spend them? What doctrine should I go with with this build? Normally, I play Ultramarines, but would it benefit more from a different Chapters Tactic?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2017 at 10:14 AM, WestRider said:

The D-Thirster (two-handed axe) is probably the one you want. That one is, unfortunately, the hardest to magnetize for. Setting up to switch between the other two options is easy.

Or save the extra weapons to make two other thristers with alternate models. That's my plan.

As for which is best, the real disadvantages with the D-thirster are striking second and having no ranged weapon. Striking second isn't huge if you actually make close combat, but if you don't actually get there, it doesn't matter. The loss of ranged weapons seems minor, but it greatly matters if the opponent has flyers or other flying MCs, since khorne doesn't have a lot of other shooting, and especially other shooting with the skyfire option.

I made my first one with the D thirster, but there have been situations where I wished I had the whip or the flail to make some ranged attacks at opposing FMCs that won't land and engage me in melee.

++ Combined Arms Detachment  [1990pts] ++

Chapter Tactics: Ultramarines

+ HQ +

Chief Librarian Tigurius [165pts]

Librarian [90pts]: Psyker Level 2
·· Librarius Armour: Bolt Pistol, Force Sword

+ Elites +

Cataphractii Terminator Squad [280pts]
8x ·· Cataphractii Terminator: Lightning Claw, Lightning Claw

+ Troops +

3x Tactical Squad [175pts]: Rhino
9x ·· Space Marine: Boltgun
·· Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Boltgun

Tactical Squad [175pts]
·· Drop Pod: Storm Bolter

Tactical Squad [140pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Contemptor Dreadnoughts [185pts]
·· Contemptor Dreadnought: Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon

+ Lord of War +

Knight Crusader [430pts]: Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer, Heavy Stubber, Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon w/ Heavy Stubber

Heading to the game store

I'm building the Taurox and I'm getting to the point of having to make some choices about its weapon loadout. I like the look of the battlecannon, but I have the Knights taking care of big guns and it is only s7 ap4 small blast. I was thinking the missile rack, but it's just dual Frag Krak. So I come here to ask about loadouts. It seems TL hot shot volley gun should be taken with the Gatling Gun since they are both str4 and 24". The ML and BC go with the TLAuto Cannon in range and str. Which takes me to the TLAC being good for the Gatling Gun to give it a bit more kick. 

What do you think? 

I'm leaning toward the Gatling Cannon and TL Autocannon for 90 pts.