• 2 months later...

I just ordered this:

99560101532_TylosRubioKnightErrant02.jpg

From what I can tell, I'll be able to smooth over the Inquisition markings on his shoulder pad and helmet.  His Knee Pad =I= is painted on.  

I'm also considering picking up the Storm Trooper Getting Started box.

dR5vVQJ.jpg

Daemon Summoning Libby Conclave

Storm Trooper Summoning Commissar

Death Summoning Knight Household

That'd be fun.  We'll see what summer brings.  

This experience has taught me I NEED a compressor and air brush before I buy any more Knights.  

Does anyone have experience with Clears?  Can I use a super fine sandpaper, smooth out imperfections, and reapply a coat to positive effect?  I'm using Tamiya, if that would make a difference.  

Edit: Don't feel it needs a bump, but here's a WIP Group Shot.

post-1378-0-01157800-1469305242.jpg

post-1378-0-01157800-1469305242_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Edit: Nobody wanted to play today, so didn't go to the game store as was planning.  I did do an inventory of my things, and came up with an 1850 list I will hopefully get to play next weekend.  I still have some points to play with, but I'm unsure if they're going towards Special Weapons on the otherwise naked Tactical Squads, or towards gear for the Librarians.

Librarius Conclave

- Tiggur

- 4x Lvl 2 Libbies

CAD

- HQ Lvl 2 Libby

- HQ Lvl 2 Libby

- EL 6 Cata Termies 2 Chain Fist, 3 Pair Lit Claws, Sgt w/Lit Claws and Grenade Harness

- EL Contemptor Dread w KAC

- EL 6 Sternguard

- Tr 10 Tact

- Tr 10 Tact

- FA Storm Talon Gunship w/ SML

- HS 5 Dev 4 ML w/Flakk

Telepathy and Divination. You're looking for Invisibility and Shrouded from Telepathy (And Psychic Shriek is good to have, too), and Forewarning, Perfect Timing, and Misfortune (plus Primaris Prescience, of course) from Divination.

Also, on Malefic Daemonology, don't forget about Cursed Earth. It's not as useful as for an actual Daemon Army, but it will still help all the stuff you're Summoning, and can be a Game-winner when you need something to come in at exactly the right spot.

• Like 1

So it sounds like I should have Tiggur roll on Telepathy, since fewer of the powers are useful and I want to get what I can get.  Unless I can field Loth, of course.  Sadly, I can't field them in the same Conclave.  I can run a Conclave of 3 and a Conclave of 4, but I felt that was a bit OTT.  As is, I'm running a full conclave and two solo Libbies.

It looks like taking Divination on the two Loner Libbies and 1 of the Conclave members, Telepathy on Tigurius, and Malefic on the remaining 3 Conclave is what I'll do.

I also think I need to spend some time with Technomancy to support my Knights in future games.  Seems a waste only having the Dread and Storm Talon in this list.

That does have me thinking about Tourney list, though.  More or less:

3 Knights

5 Man Conclave 

SM Allied Detachment

I need to start getting Bloodthirsters and Bloodcrushers for this army.  I digress.

Technomancy was the main thing.  Ideally, I have Tiggur in  the Conclave and Loth in the Allied Detachment with FNP Tact marines for siphoning Heralds.  Loth pics the Telepathy powers I need.  The Conclave, would I have Tiggur roll on Technomancy to get Repair and Armor boost, and have 2-3 roll on Malefic, and the last 1-2 roll on Div?  I feel like swapping the Allied Detachment for a second conclave would be more effective in that regard.  But, is it cheese at that point? 

• 2 weeks later...

875 - BA Ancients 

5x 175 Lvl 2 Libby Dread

525 - Ultramarines Librarius Conclave

Tiggur

4x 90 Lvl 2 Libby

450 - Ultramarines Librarius Conclave

5x 90 Lvl2 Libby

Fun little 1850 list.

Although 5 Libby Dreads in Lucious Pods, and a Conclave on Bikes is about 1850, too....  Hmmmm.  

Both lists are 15 models, too.  Funny how that works.

Have any of you magnetized your Catermies?  My lack of abundant shoulder pads makes this less than ideal.  I don't see how you would do it with the plastics with out magnetizing the pads, too.  At that point, I'd consider having the magnet in the arm high enough, or large enough to be used for both the pad and the torso, which is still no fewer than 6 magnets per Catermie.  Any thoughts?

post-1378-0-12339200-1474489580_thumb.jpg

Messing around with my crappy cell phone camera and a magnifying glass.  Not as kinky as it sounds, but boy howdy, does it make it look bigger!  Softer light, and an actual camera and this could be promising.

post-1378-0-04386900-1474855725.jpg

post-1378-0-04386900-1474855725_thumb.jpg

I'm liking how this batch of Catermies are coming along.  I painted them the same way I painted my Knights (Black Primer, Mythril, Blue Ink Wash, Clear Coat Red), and it comes off pretty sexy.  The leather is unfinished, as is the head and bronze highlights.  Lightning claws are just dark blue, sky blue, and white tips with no blending.  Honestly, I'm a bit more interested in getting them on the field, painted.  I can strip them and repaint them when the time is right when I refine, and have the time/desire to blend things.  That's a poor excuse, isn't it?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...