Do Grey Knights have a formation that consists of just Dreadknights?

Grey knights are sorely lacking in formations for games of non-apocalypse. They have 1 or 2 formations, both of which are ridiculously point consuming.

I'm pretty sure there are apocalypse formations with just dreadknights.

Apoc don't help me none.  Well sheeeit.

Don't know what you need, but that Nemesis Strike force detachment isn't half bad, as it is basically an allied detachment with a bunch of extra slots (like 2 heavy slots, or rather, 2 dreadknight slots).

Dunno how many Dreadknights you need, but as far as ITC legal goes, I think 5 is the cap via 1 CAD and 1 Nemesis Strike Force (You'd need 2 HQs and 3 Troops).

Does Gating or a DKs Personal Teleporter Trip the special rule?

Not as I read it. It requires arriving from DS reserve, not just DS. On the other hand, neither trigger interceptors, as they aren't arriving from reserve.

Just saw that PTs make Jump Type.

Yes, and gives them a once-per-game 30" move, but you can't assault after.

Though it is notable that the Dreadknight has deep strike by default, and that teleporter is 30pts, so the viability of the personal teleporter depends both on if your dread will survive at least 2 turns (1 DS and a second movement phase after) and if they will need to make a dramatic move after having DSed into position. Especially with the Nemesis Strike Force, the personal teleporter can be iffy due to cost.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So Tau are an option, but I'm still liking the Librarius Conclave summoning Bloodletters and Juggies.  Looking through the SM dex, I saw the Hunter/Stalker formation.  At most, my list can field a single Carapace Weapon until FW says the Cerastus Knights can take the upgrades (IE, until FW makes the upgrade for Knight), and the Libbies summoning Khorne isn't going to give me anti-air.  Would the Hunter/Stalker formation provide adequate AA?  Are the vehicles able to do anything of value to non-flier/skimmer/jetbike targets?

And Pax, if I could go Khorne Daemonkin with a Renegade Knight detachment that allowed Cerastus Knights, that would be the way I would lean.  That, however, is not a viable option, so the Conclave, regardless of casting with the other psykers, is the path at the moment. 

Wait, are the Cerastus Knights even part of the Imperial Knight faction? Aren't they kinda their own thing?

Sorry, when I think of Imperial Knight armies, I'm only thinking of the GW versions. Didn't really occur to me that the point was to bring FW knights that summon daemons.

On a side note, how does ITC determine CTA allies? Is it based on the primary?

My understand of GW ally rules is that the concept of disallowing CTA allies would also disallow summoning CTA allies, as the summoned models are considered part of their own detachment and are subject to the faction rules (yeah, each summoned unit is it's own detachment).

GW's rules don't really restrict based on allegiance level because the current GW rules regarding this don't take effect until the game starts. None of the allegiance rules have any bearing in GW's rules for list creation. That's directly related to most detachments being restricted to only allow a single faction's models.

EDIT: Looked it up. Looks like all the imperial knights are ambiguously part of the imperium. They're like wealthy land owners that "play" 40k without the loyalty and dedication that space marines have.

After some consideration, if I decide to pick up Tau, it's because I want to start playing Tau, so not doing anything with that.  

So...moving on.

I picked up a couple models at the flgs today.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Librarian

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Space-Marine-Captain-Master-of-the-Marches

I'm going to use Green Stuff and Insta Mold to get the Master of the Marches Librarified.  I think his Scroll is super fitting for the Conclave.  I almost got the Master of the Rites, as well, but ultimately decided he was too much a Captain.  Between these two and the Libby from DV, I have the minimum of 3 for the Conclave.  I think I'll pick up Ezekiel and Tigurius for my other two, and if I decide to field either of those two, they are already ready.  

That leaves me with 195 points.  I was thinking a Militarum Tempestus allied detachment, since I'm already working on that.  A Commisar and a 10 man Scion Squad for whatever goodness they're needed for.  That's also keeping the Libbies bare, with the exception of being lvl 2.

Household Detachment (Obj Secure)

Castigator

Acheron

Crusader

Librarius Conclave

5x Librarian Level 2 Psyker

Tempestus Allied Detachment

Commisar w/PW

10 Scions w/2 Plasma Guns

Any thoughts on the Scions and arrangement?  Is this too displaced?