Reading through Codex Skitarii this morning, I'm seeing my paint scheme is pretty much identical to Stygies VIII, and they've been accused of heresy at some vague point.  I believe I have found the Forge World that feeds the Pinkerton Warmachine.  This puts them in the Pacific region, conveniently, as well. 

Don't you hate it when you find that GW is copying you? I find this a lot, which is, more or less, why I stopped doing custom chapters.

• 1 month later...

Fall of Cadia is providing me with exactly what I need to set up the Pinkerton Planetary Defense Force and have some variety and fun with it. I hadn't considered any Battle Sisters or Assassins prior. Now, I am. Although, penitent engines are the thing I'm most interested in from the sisters. Adding a Leman Russ squadron, or Sentinels. I'm excited about where this book lets me take a single formation now. And still have room for my Conclave.

I'm considering stripping my Night Lords and folding them into the ranks of the PDF, but unsure. Mostly because of the inconsistencies in armor it will create as the Pinkerton Marines are currently mk2 and mk3.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Taking inventory, I can run all of my Imperial stuff in two detachments, MegaSuperFunImperiumSuperGroup and a Librarius Conclave. It also puts me at 3k points and 52 or 53 models.

5 Libby Conclave

Libby

Libby

Chappy

5 Scions

8 Marines

8 Marines

8 Marines

Storm Talon w/skyhammer

6 LC CataTermies

Contemptor Dread w/KAC

5 Sternguard

Knight Crusader w/battlecannon

Knight Acheron

Knight Castigator

Time to trim some fat, I guess. That is, make a FW friendly list and a GW only list.

• 1 month later...

Reinforcements have arrived in the form of Burning of Prospero. Picked it up on my lunch break. We will see how motivated I am this weekend. Ahriman is an obvious addition to my Librarius. Not sure if I'm going to shave down any iconography yet. 

Geigor, I haven't decided what to do with, yet. He is completely out of place with the aesthetic of my Pinkertons. Perhaps he will be given to Khorne and become a Night Lord.

I think I should be good on Marines for a while. Imperial Knights and Storm Troopers need fleshed out a bit, the Troopers, especially.

• Like 1

Librarius Conclave - 450

5x Lvl 2 Libby

Castellans of the Imperium - 1548

3x HQ 90 Lvl 2 Libby

6x TR 112 8x Marines

1x EL 176 8x Sternguard

1x LoW 430 IK Crusade w/BC

8 squads of 8, plus 1 Engine of Destruction. Everything is on foot. No upgrades on the Marines or Sternguard. Libbys will be taking mostly Summoning, and Machine Repair. How do people feel about this list?  

The rules for using the Mars Warlord Battle Titan can be found in The Horus Heresy Book Five - Tempest and may be used in both games set during the Horus Heresy and in standard games of Warhammer 40,000, in which case the Mars Warlord Battle Titan is a Lords of War choice for Armies of the Imperium and Chaos Space Marines.

How does a battle forged army take this? It tells me it takes up a LOW slot in any AotI or CSM detachment, amending what is available to that Army. How am I wrong in this?

Yeah. It's really not that complicated- if it's on the Castellans list, you can take it. If it isn't on the list, you can't take it.

The Castellans detachment is different from a Combined Arms or Allied detachment where you can take any unit that has the appropriate Battlefield Role- you can only take the units on its list.

• Like 1

I feel like bringing the Marines (Tacticals?) to 10mans would be a big benefit, since that lets you Combat Squad and get heavy/special. Rhinos are ideal for that sort of setup, generally speaking. I might go 2x10 with Flamer and either Multimelta or Lascannon, depending on your deployment preferences (Las sits in the back on an objective, MM, rides in the Rhino alongside the other combat squad.)

22 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

360 - 4x 90 Lvl 2 Libby

70 - 1x 70 5 Tempestus Scions

350 2x 140 10 Marines, rhino 35

215 1x 140 10 Marines, 75 Las/Plas Razorback

This I can do without buying anything. Heavy Weapons, I am limited to Missile Launchers until my next FW order. Dropping a Librarian to spend 95 points on ML/MG or Flamer is doable.

18 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Is summoning Bloodthirsters a dick move at 1k point tourney with prize support?

Cool thing about summoning is that you can choose during the game, if you think it would be broken, or not, to have such a model in your game. Even if you roll the power, you can always choose to not summon one.

Though in terms of summons, I'd much rather face summoning khorne daemons, than one of the psyker summoning armies - at least khorne daemons aren't able to further summon more creatures.