Assuming the LGS still has a HH Starter Set, I'm picking it up tomorrow for the foundation of my League Army / Space Marine aspect of the Pinkertons.

I really want to get Loth sooner rather than later as he actually matches the guys I'll be fielding.

I'm not sure what I'm bringing at 500 pts yet.  I need to see what all comes in BaC before I can define a list, I suppose.  I do have 2 Missile Launchers, 2 Flamers, and 2 Meltaguns from FW that should match the plastic.  

"Mission Packet" https://www.facebook.com/events/959346044132203/permalink/968788516521289/

• Like 1

Oh, I have some Mk3 guys I could run as Vets, forgot about that.  

Have first league game scheduled for Sunday afternoon, vs Bugs. There is a restriction on wounds, and fliers, so I won't be facing FMC or Tervs.  Hmm.  If they have a Pod I can pick up, Combi-guard could be an instant solution.  I don't think a Termicide squad would be of value, plus it's 40% of list at that point.  Oh, no 2+ on non-characters, that's right.  So Termicide isn't an option, anyway.  

30k box set acquired.  Also earned 10% off next purchase.  Stacks with 20% discount on GW.  I'll be getting a second box set on the 5th for $105.  62 Marines, 12 Termies and 2 Contemptors NIB for 225?  OKAY!  A third box would nearly round out a Battle Company with 1st Company support.  Dammit.  

Also, picked up another one of the SM Captain/Masters.  This one has a staff in his right hand and his cloak in his left, with a loud speaker being carried by a cherub I think it was.  Him and the Power Armor Commander from the box above will be converted to Librarians before too long.

Started assembling the Contemptor.  Magnetized the arms at the shoulder.  Considering Magnetizing where the elbow meets the shoulder pad, as well.  Sadly, looking over the League Rules, I won't be able to field him until we hit 750 pts as his combined Armor rating is 2 pts over the limit. 

500 pts of just Marines.  I have 5 Meltas, 5 Flamers, 3 Plas, 5 Missile Launchers.  35+ Bodies to work with.  HQ is covered with my Libbies.  2 troops min.  Bug player is running Swarm Lord.  I'll be playing against SW after the bug.  I /can/ change my list between games, as far as I know.

Just read this:

"So I'm looking at a gun (10 - 25pts), Bonesword and Lash (20pts) and Old Adversary (20pts). No matter what, flying or not a standard Hive Tyrant is looking at 225 - 240 pts and the Swarmlord is 285 right off the bat.

Because of the 'No Fliers' 500 point clause, I have to include Tyrant Guard which are 50pt each. So realistically I'm putting 330 into my HQ, just in hopes it survives. 45 for a Venomthrope for making sure my troops make it and because I run Hormagaunt Heavy..."

I'm thinking:

HQ 90

Librarian lvl2

TR 400 

10 Marines Missile Melta Rhino

10 Marines Missile Melta Rhino

Combi Squad the Marines, Missile Teams hang back, Melta teams in Rhino.  I'll only be able to summon 10 Bloodletters, so I'm not sure I'll be taking Demon Summoning as The libbies focus.  Any thoughts?

• Like 1

I've at least decided how I'm building things at the moment.  I have 5 Mk3 Marines I'm using as Sternguard.  It is sounding like I'm going to get a few games in today, so this should give me some tactical flexibility between games.

Libby

Chappy

Term Capt

5 Termies

5 Sternguard

10 Tact

10 Tact

5 Assault

5 Dev

1 Dread

1 Rhino

1 Las-Plas Razor/Rhino

10 Bloodletters (2 able to be used as Heralds)

Bug player didn't show up.  Played against Space Wolves.

I brought:

Libby lvl 2 (Feel No Pain Warlord Trait)

5 Sternguard

5 Tact ML

5 Tact ML

Rhino

Rhino

Razorback

He brought:

1 WGBL Runic Armor, Pair of Claws (Outflank Warlord Trait)

1 WGBL Runic Armor, Eviscerator?  +1s/AP3 Chainsword  

8 grey hunters

10 grey hunters plasma gun

He said he spent 501 on the list.  I'm not sure if I left anything out, or if the numbers on the GH is quite right.  I know he had 20 models on the field, with 2 of them being Battle Leaders.  

We deployed 3 mysterious objectives each.  I won dice roll, had him go first.  Played on a 4x4.  He deployed the Eviscerator and Plasma gun Unit into ruins.  Held the other unit and WGBL in reserve.  I deployed Sternguard inside rhino on center of my field.  Libby and both Tact squads were in ruins on my right side of field, with the Razorback between them and the Stern.  The other rihino was on their right.  I failed to seize initiative.

TURN 1

Activated Objective, Reroll 1s on Shooting. Advanced his Evis BL and squad toward my cluster, failed to do any damage with shooting.

Activated Objective Libby was on, Reroll 1s Shooting.  I advanced the SternRhino toward the squad, positioned the Razorback to fire on it, advanced Rhino2 towards 3 objectives, reaching first one which was nothing.   Failed to summon any daemons.  Shot his squad with everything, killed 2 or 3 guys.  FIRST BLOOD!

TURN 2

Evis squad advanced further into some ruins on his way to me.  Pair o Claws BL and his squad Outflanked, landing right behind my two Tact squads and Libby, with the Libby being the closest target.  They unloaded their guns, and my Sir Looked Out while the Tact squad passing all but one save.

I pulled my SternRhino back towards the squad towards the cluster.  Rhino2 moved forward activating a second Objective, which was Sabotaged.  None ML guys ran around to help me with wound allocation in the Tact squads.  Failed to Summon any daemons.  At this point, I was going to tell him I have Hit and Run.  I realized all I said at the beginning was that I was playing Codex Marines, and didn't specify a chapter.  I had been contemplating White Scars for Hit and Run or Iron Hands for FNP.  Ultimately, I decided the right thing to do was truly be CODEX MARINES, IE Ultramarines, as I forgot to specify and that may have changed how he handled things.  I looked up the ability while he was explaining it to me.  I decided to go ahead and use the Tactical Doctrine.  I unloaded everything on his squad and left it with the WGBL and 2 or 3 WG.   Sabotaged objective deals a glancing hit to Rhino2.

TURN 3

He advances his Evis Squad towards everything else and Positions his Clawed Warlord and its two ablative wounds for the charge.  Shoots at the Sternguard with his Evis squad, does nothing.  Shoots at the Libby and his 4 remaining Tact with the other 2 Greyhunters, nothing.  Charges with his WGBL and the 2 Grey Hunters and issues a challenge.  My Bolter wielding Tactical Sgt accepted the challenge, no matter the odds, because it kept the Libby alive.  Claws deals 3 wounds, killing Sgt and two guys.  The 2 GH don't wound.  I take out the GH on my swings.  Sabotaged Objective does nothing to Rhino2.

My Sternrhino moves towards an Objective. Sternguard move towards advancing GH/Evis squad.  Rhino2 does nothing as the glorious commander forgot about him.  The other Tactical Squad moves up to join the Libby and 1 remaining Tact Marine in combat with his Warlord.  Librarian goes Jedi.  Sternguard take out a few of the advancing GH.  Razorback and Rhino2 shoot at them, do nothing.  Assault with Tact2.  His Warlord issues a challenge, the newly arrived Tact Sgt accepts for the Libby.  Warlord kills 2 guys.  I swing with Librarian first, 3 hits, 2 wounds, 1 failed save, SPLOOSH his warlord gets ran through by my lightsaber.  I roll a 4 for consolidate for both groups.  Libby and Solo advance towards his table edge.  Survivors from Tact 2 head towards the GH and Sternguard.  Sabotaged Objective does nothing to Rhino2.  

Things are a little blurry at this point.  I had been up for 25 hours when we finished the game.  At the end of the game, He had Slay the Warlord.  I had Rhino2 in his deployment zone, 3 Objectives claimed and First Blood, Slay the Warlord, and I tabled him.  

I have mixed feelings on the win.  Yesterday was the "third" time he had played.  He's played multiple games each time (I was his second game yesterday), having a total of 7-10 games, I don't recall exactly.  Very new to the hobby.  

The way Dice rolled could have made a huge difference.  Most notably on my end, every time I tried summoning, I'd only roll a single success.  My Librarian did make most of his FNP rolls, too, over 50% of them, so that was huge in my book.  My late game rolls also had lots of 1s and 2s.  For him, his WGBLs kept hitting air, a lot.  1s and 2s.  

It was a fun game, and it seems he learned a lot from it.  His game against Sisters of Battle before our game was the first time he'd faced a vehicle (Immolator?).  Although, overall, my 3 rhino-chassis didn't do anything but eat 125 points.  :(  That actually makes me feel worse, I tabled him with 25% less forces.

Oh, his stuff was all painted.  Mine is still being assembled.  That lit a fire under my ass to keep motivated.  I spent all night saturday at work making bases, cleaning legs, and attaching them.  I just barely got the torsos attached before the game.  I laid missile launchers on the ML guys.  The SGTs had distinct bases, but didn't take any gear.  The Sternguard were Mk3 armor.  The Tact were mk4 armor.  And the Razorback is las/plas, but I ran it as TLHB.   

• Like 1

February 24th- March 8th - 750pts

⦁ Non-character models/units cannot have more than 3 wounds per model.

⦁ The sum of a vehicle's armor values on Front, Side and Back cannot exceed 36. 

⦁ Flying models are allowed but cannot have armor values exceeding 33 or a toughness over 5.

⦁ Lords of War are not allowed. 

⦁ The psychic power Invisibility cannot be used. If that power is rolled, re-roll until that power is not rolled.

⦁ If any 2+ save can be re-rolled, the save will be successful on a 5+ instead of a 2+ from the re-roll. (It's still only a 18% chance the save will fail.)

⦁ No model/unit can exceed 65% of the points total.

⦁ Each army must adhere to the codex force organization chart if is one present. If a army does not have a force organization chart then it must adhere to the traditional force organization of 1 HQ, 2 Troops. Any codex that cannot do this will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

⦁ Only the Aegis Defense Line and Imperial Bastion fortifications are allowed.

⦁ No ranged strength D weapons allowed.

It seems that was my only game at 500 pts.  

=HQ= 

165 - Tigurius

90 - Libby lvl 2

=EL=

185 - 5 Sternguard, Las/Plas Razorback

=TR=

155 - 7 Tact Marines, ML, Melta-Bomb, Rhino

155 - 7 Tact Marines, ML, Melta-Bomb, Rhino

If any 2+ save can be re-rolled, the save will be successful on a 5+ instead of a 2+ from the re-roll.

This makes it exactly the same odds as a 3+ re-rollable. There's a reason ITC went with 2+/4+. Just something you might want to mention to the organizer. Or maybe not. I don't think you have access to 2+ re-rollables the way you're going.

I'm not chasing 2+ reroll.  I'll have Termies in the list at 1500, so perhaps then, I will.  Which effectively means the Termies can fail their armor save and still take their Invul.  *shrugs*  

It's meant as an intro/revitalizing league.  There hasn't been a tourny down here in a couple years, from what I gather.  It also plays into why Formations aren't being allowed.  Champion of Fenris can run the HQHQELELELEL list, cuz it's a standard "CAD" format.  Gladius is not set up like that, so not a valid choice in League.  Plus, ya know, being able to run two Demi-companies at 1000 points and getting 550 points of free Razorbacks.  

Lol they haven't come out much. The family bought a house and they got packed deep cuz of the hate. When you liked some of the early posts here it reminded me of how if had just gone open I would have gotten my list into the team event! I miss those three knights... I'm focusing on malifaux right now as much as possible along with helping Gareth test lists against battle company Marines. I do really like obsec. I play acceptable losses the best and just love so many models you can't get where you want to!

When the open folded the players were moved to the team event and didn't have to have their lists graded lol!

• Like 1

I have a 30% discount at the LGS to use this month.  There are sooo many tempting things out there.  At the moment, I'm leaning towards Betrayal at Calth Box, Starting Khorne and Starting Nurgle.  I don't know if I want to drop $225 right now, though.  $140 for a Bloodthirster and Starting Khorne is a possibility.  So is 2 Starting Khornes or 1 Khorne 1 Nurgle.  Really, I'd rather use FW Blight Drones as Plague drones as they fit the Fallen Forge World theme I'm building on.  I also don't care much for Plague Zombies.  A Khornate Deffkopta is really what I want for Plague Drones.  

I think that pretty much talks me outta the Nurgle stuff.  I think I have plenty of Marines to deal with at the moment.  But 105 for that box is pretty damn sexy.  Hmm.  I think I could wait until the 15th or so, order then, pay down half on....whatever is decided, and pay the other half when the order arrives at the shop, after the following payday.  If I want to be modest, and place 100 per, that gives me $285 in spending value.  

Khorne Daemons are needed.  Even though I can't summon the Blood Throne, I'm hoping I can build it as a Skull Cannon for running my Khornate Nightlords as KDK, leaving me a Herald on Foot that I can summon.  

• Like 1

post-1378-0-74304700-1457210231_thumb.jpg

Picked up Tigurius, Daemons of Khorne Starter Set, some paint and primer, and some Girl Scout Cookies.

Super stoked I can build the Chariot as a Cannon.  

I feel like the box of Bloodletters I picked up had the smaller base, while the Starter has the newer sized bases.  I don't feel like going and checking at the moment to verify.  Hope to get a game or two in tomorrow at 750.  

I'll need to get more Bloodletters so I can get a Herald with a Portal Glyph into play quickly, and have the models to feed it.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Much to my surprise, my order arrived today.  Much to my distress, the models are quite lacking on detail.  Pretty crappy casting, really.  I'd expect it from a recaster, but not from FW direct with the recaster competitive market making the quality casts that they are these days.  

I'm torn on what to do.  In some instances, being that I'm not modeling/painting Red Scorpions, some of the detail being missing is alright.  The Lightning Bolts on his axe, for an example, look like stressed wet resin.  The scorpion on his left shoulder pad is non-existent.  Kind of off putting.  

Much to my surprise, my order arrived today. Much to my distress, the models are quite lacking on detail. Pretty crappy casting, really. I'd expect it from a recaster, but not from FW direct with the recaster competitive market making the quality casts that they are these days.

I'm torn on what to do. In some instances, being that I'm not modeling/painting Red Scorpions, some of the detail being missing is alright. The Lightning Bolts on his axe, for an example, look like stressed wet resin. The scorpion on his left shoulder pad is non-existent. Kind of off putting.

Call their customer service

• 4 weeks later...

I e-mailed them, just heard back on initial.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for contacting us about this issue and please accept our apologies. We will happily provide any replacements that you require. So that we can help you as quickly as possible, all we need from you is a little further information, as mentioned below.
  • Confirmation of your address and contact phone number so that we can make sure we have right details for you.
  • Some photographs, if you able to, showing the issues with the kit or parts in question. We ask for these as it allows us to identify areas where the manufacturing or packing process can be improved.
  • If the pack contained a 'Guide to building resin model kits' flyer, can you include a picture of the front page showing the initials of the person who checked the model.
Once we have all the information that we need we will send the parts to you as quickly as possible and provide you with an order reference so that if you need to contact us again about it we can track down your order straight away.

Also it would help us out if you can provide us with the batch number for the models. If we have that information we can check all the other kits in that batch for the same issues. If the models were packaged in a box or bag then the number will be on the white label showing the product information or if they were in a plastic clam pack, the number will be on the paper insert inside the pack. In either case it will be a six digit number. If you don't have the packaging any more then that's no problem. 

How would you rate my reply?
Great    Okay    Not Good

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,
Forge World

I have a crap tastic phone, as ya'll can tell form the pictures I do post, so taking a picture for them showing the lack in detail is going to be interesting, to be sure.