Splatterhouse: October 15th

rudra34

WHAT?! - 400 point ITS tournament with all face-smashing scenarios (Annihilation, Decapitation, Frontline)

WHERE?! - Glimpses of Wonder and Warfare: 16771 SW 12th St, Sherwood, OR 97140

WHEN?! - Saturday, October 15th, 10AM-7PM

WHO?! - YOU!

WHY?! - Because it will be a great event with good people, and you get to smash face with your most face-smashing of models.  There will be a 10$ entry fee to cover prize support and all that jazz.

If you are interested you can find all the information on the Mind Games Facebook page.   If you don't use Facebook, but are panning to attend, let me know so I can give the TO a heads-up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I lost! Two other players came, including Adam. Everybody else bailed. I lost to Isaac's NeoCapitaline army. He made a lot of armor saves. I could not handle the Uhlan. The Bolts were solid.

Nothing went terribly wrong. It just felt like I was swimming upstream.

Against Adam, I thought my tactics were solid, but I could not put down with the Samaritan, Tag Haris team. Doctor worm kept healing it back up. By turn 3, I had dropped an Imetron. A Ghulam went on a Ramage and kill his Rodok team.

I am yet to be skilled in the Sniper game.

Not having fireteams places me in an deficit.

I am still working on finding the right tools and tactics.

All in all great time.

RD you are a darn good player!  from what i learned you dont necessarily need to bring a sniper to have an effective aro team.  take nate kapke's nomads for example.  i think he maybe takes one sniper(the TO sniper) for nomads ever?  he just stacks with mutliple aros and thats what is scary(and youve graduated towards this style too!)  generally one sniper is enough and whenever you do have one you have to think of the angle of engagements across the field.  for example look at your deployment zone and look for any points on the field in your back 4 inches where your sniper could have 1/4th the field of view and that is golden!  anything greater than that to me is absolute cheese!  you dont necessarily have to have them in cover too as over 32 means most troops are at the very least -3 if not -9 for TO!  today i lost my mk2 sniper to an aquila hmg.   but honest even wtih msv3 i was in pretty good odds to wreck his face!   snipers need to expose that 32+ range.  even against MSV troopers with your cheap hacker plus you can turn that to you advantage wiht a -9 stack!   thats what me and nate talk about generally is we like the tool sets of both vanilla nomads and alepth vs their sectorials.  you have advatages in tools over corgidoor and bakunin so dont forget thats why vanilla is so fearsome!  if you dont utilize the toolsets imo you might as well play with corgidoor!  and theres nothing less of that to me as sectorials are super tough due to link team advantages!

Hey Nate,

I was playing vanilla Haqq. 20 orders. Ghulam Spam, Max Mutts, Fasid, Azrial, Al Hawaii Sniper, Govad Sniper, Govad ML, Bashi Bazouk, Zayehadean.........

Excellent Points on Sniper tactics.

Adam pointed out I could use a good combo with Ghulam Fo and spec firing with the Grenade Launcher on the Fasid.

And I have only really started playing the faction.