Jan 25th 3v3 Apoc????

huggies01

You're right intelligent is the wrong answer. But the opportunity to just kill everything in its path. Oh wait that's it. Maybe the eldar have a type of psychic hood right now that currently is like a white noise. Having three armies worth of a space marine races on one planet is how both eldar and necrons are able to stay under the radar. They work right now until the human population reaches a population equal to or slightly less than the eldar and necrons. Then the hive mind begins to see the other bio matter and starts to attack. Maybe that's the defining factor as to why necrons and eldar are now on the same side. They are both trying to reach an artifact and understand they can't fight both the Marines and each other. So both are waiting until the nid and marine population dwindles???

You're right intelligent is the wrong answer. But the opportunity to just kill everything in its path. Oh wait that's it. Maybe the eldar have a type of psychic hood right now that currently is like a white noise. Having three armies worth of a space marine races on one planet is how both eldar and necrons are able to stay under the radar. They work right now until the human population reaches a population equal to or slightly less than the eldar and necrons. Then the hive mind begins to see the other bio matter and starts to attack. Maybe that's the defining factor as to why necrons and eldar are now on the same side. They are both trying to reach an artifact and understand they can't fight both the Marines and each other. So both are waiting until the nid and marine population dwindles???

At which point the eldar and necrons will wage war. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". I like it. I'll admit, I've had less time than I thought to read upon this but I am trying.

The Eldar have fallen neatly into the trap I have set. They will expend their resources and precious "lives" defeating my foe so that I can accomplish my aims, at which point in time they will be depleted to the point I can easily destroy them. They have no idea how powerful the artifact I seek to recover is. I will use them, and then crush them so easily that it will be laughable. Simple, short-sighted fools.

• Like 1

Shae, I owe you a drink on Apoc day. Something stiff. More and more solid info (and page scans) from the tYranid codex are out. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but it looks full of.... (EDIT| WOOPS! Looks like the language filter is down?). Like, worse than the current codex (which I would happily play) bad.

Max 4000k. no limit to force org. Not sure how fortifications work there. Jim this codex will be the hottest thing to hit media since all the twerking. But anything to get a stiff drink for free, well remember sir, I can act my ass off. 

It's bad, Shae.  It's real bad.  Condolences for your loss.  All your hormagaunts actually deploy and are controlled by your enemy now if outside of synapse, which is now an armywide rule that only grants +1 BS to anything shooting at it.  Instinctive behavior as written is "put your largest model back in your bag, you schmuck" but the rules lawyers are on it.

I mean, I don't even know why they're doing this.  Mycetic spore pods are gone, but the leaked day 1 FAQ actually requires you to eat your old proxies or lose all future games automatically.  GW must have been really pissed about Chapterhouse and your traitorous ways, you ungrateful knob.

Also, Genestealers explode now on a 2+.  No effect.  You just roll that before deployment.

I can make up some cray-cray rules, as well! How about Tervigons no longer give bonuses to termagaunts, no longer have access to BRB psychic disciplines, cause feedback in a 12" radius when they die, and require 30 gants to be troops. Oh wait, didn't make that up, I've seen that page.

Maybe you can use the old codex for the game? :(

• 3 weeks later...

I took some paltry pictures, and will try and write up something more appropriate later. For now, the C'tan was awesome (for exactly one turn), Kevin killed Jason's warlord with a thunder fire cannon, blob squads of paladins are brutal (and slow), and Apoc is more than a bit fun. There were a slew of could-ofs (primary amongst them Kevin forgetting about two landspeeders during the last turn), but in the end a single wraith, with a single wound left, barely within 3" of the primary objective secured a 39 to 21 point win. Had that final (20 point) objective not been secured, Imperials would have won 21 to 19, and only then because of some great last turn objective grabbing and Loren's bagging the Swarmlord for 5 points (warlord, stratagem, during the swarmlords finest hour). Epic [big bad swear word].

Also, we got 3 turns in. At first I was disappointed we didn't get further, but in retrospect, I'm not. Turn 4 would have likely seen team xenos secure a solid win, dominating the upper objective and scoring a bit more off of the lower objectives before dying to the Imperials. As it was, it was an extreme nail biter, so I reckon it ended just when it should have.

Speaking of things I forgot, Shae's Flyrant should've been striking at initiative 1 on the last turn because my thunder hammer wounded him in the previous assault phase. They would've struck simultaneously and I may have taken his last wound, thus netting another 7 VPs. Too many things to keep track of on two boards!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.