New to 8th Edition Simple Questions

Hey All: I've yet to play a game of 8th, and I've got a question or two after reading the book (and I imagine I'll have more until I actually get a chance to play a game against someone and they can educate me properly)

Is it the unit with the largest number of ranks that count to determine steadfast or the total number of ranks, I.e. I have a unit with 5 ranks and my opponent is in combat with me with two units of three ranks each. who is steadfast?

Also, if I declare a charge against a unit that is currently fleeing, do they get a flee move as response?

Hey All: I've yet to play a game of 8th, and I've got a question or two after reading the book (and I imagine I'll have more until I actually get a chance to play a game against someone and they can educate me properly)

Is it the unit with the largest number of ranks that count to determine steadfast or the total number of ranks, I.e. I have a unit with 5 ranks and my opponent is in combat with me with two units of three ranks each. who is steadfast?

Also, if I declare a charge against a unit that is currently fleeing, do they get a flee move as response?

The unit with the most Ranks.  In example, your unit of five ranks would be steadfast.

If a charge is declared against a fleeing unit, they immediately have to flee.

T- Well... Partially true. They must declare a flee reaction, and then continue with the flee movement.

This distinction is only important due to some weird interactions that almost never come up.

It's a great tactic to charge a fleeing unit, force them to declare that they are fleeing, then redirect into another target.