Chappy and Me, our super fun game

scottshoemaker

As a counter to the negative climate that seems to be norm around 40k allow me to buck the trend.

We made up a scenario based on older ones, with a relatively simple victory condition (I needed to destroy a thing, that blew up of course, he needed to keep me from destroying it), victory point for killing things outright.

The lack of subtlety involved in our game was so great we could focus on moving around our toys and having fun.

Let's not forget why we play, rather than on how we can win.

Thank again man, the new Warboss is enjoying his throne!

• Like 3

So, for the outline:

The mission was attack and defend on a Cityfight style terrain board. 2000 points of Mechanized Catachans Vs. 2000 points of Ork Speed Freeks. Guard set up first, Orks set up second, Orks went first. Corner deployment. Ork objective was to blow up the fuel depot in my deployment zone. Guard objective was to stop it. After both armies deployed, defender got D3+1 tank traps to be placed anywhere in "No man's land."

Special rule: Promethium storage = volitile!

On a penetrating hit roll a D3 FOR EACH PENETRATING HIT and compare to the following chart. Multilpe pens stack:

1 - No sparks, whew! Nothing happens, building is destroyed.

2 - Minor boom.  Place the large blast template in contact with with any portion of the destroyed building. All models wholly or partially under the template take a Str 5 AP 4 hit that ignores cover.

3 - BIG BADABOOM! Place the Apacolyptic Blast 10" in contact with any portion of the detonated building. All models wholly or partially under the template suffer a Str 8 AP 3 hit that ignores cover.

The Orks managed to break through the Guard lines and destroy the fuel tank in hand to hand! Col. Iron Hand Straken was able to escape and has now asked for the assistance of the Black Templar Chapter of the Astartes. Next weeks game will be 1850 of Templars against 2000 points of Orks due to his crushing victory. Also, due to the loss of fuel in the region, the Templars will not have access to tracked vehicles. Any model with the "Tank" rule will not be allowed for the Astartes.

Forging the narrative!

• Like 2