Alternative Inquisitor Model

JamesBeadle

Hello guys. I have just received my Grey Knights Army, and its very neat. I need an Inquisitorial side of my force, and I'd like to investigate other models besides GW's for inquisitors. Any ideas? I will definatly get Cortez becasue he is essential, but other than him I mean?

The catachan or cadian command squads offer a nice range of bits for INQ conversions (carapace). I've also considered using a scout marine as the base for a carapace INQ (my planetary empire's Ordo Malleus INQ with hell rifle will be one of these).

For power armor INQ, just about any WHFB human in full plate would look the part. Elves or vampires might work too. SM models are sort of a last ditch for me, as I like the inquisitor to look very different from my SM, but there is a huge range of SM in power armor.

For terminator INQ, really just limited to the SM terminators, though that is a pretty big selection of bits. You can swap out heads for just about any human, empire included. As I recall, the SM tactical terminators include a INQ shoulder pad in their spare bits, though most of the rest of the kit is incompatible with the INQ options...

-Pax

EDIT: Oh, did you mean non-GW? Was thinking non-GK INQ models.

The great thing about inquisitors is the vast range that you can pull from to make your models. Pretty much swing down to a game store and stroll through the mini ranges (both sci-fi and fantasy), look for someone cool with armor (or robes), scrolls, books, whatever. Grab him, throw a bolter/bolt pistol, etc on him and call it a day.

Yeah, the fluff indicates that inquisitor's are pretty much unique one-off characters that can look like almost anything. So you are spoiled for selection really. I'd just suggest picking something unique enough not to be confused with another unit?

If it were me I'd source it from a fantasy figure. Some fancy pants empire guy probably.