help me understand weird gloss/matte behavior on new GW shade

McNathanson

So I painted over my Hydra model with a basecoat (one of GW's orange 'base' colors, can't recall).  After about an hour of drying time, I washed the entire side with the new brown shade color from GW (Agrax Earthshade or whatever it's called) and let it dry overnight.  The result was glossy:

med_gallery_1416_28_592794.jpg

The next day, I washed the OTHER side with the exact same bottle of GW shade, and it dried matte:

med_gallery_1416_28_288991.jpg

The only differences I can think of:

1) the glossy side was washed only an hour after painting, so the paint probably wasn't fully cured

2) the glossy side was dried with my desk lamp on over it, so maybe dried a little faster or something (???)

Anybody know what's going on??

Thanks,
Nathan

Okay, so I will do an experiment: wash a model without shaking the bottle, then shake it and wash another one, and let them dry in the same place and time under no direct lamp or anything (in my cool/cold basement).

Then if one way leads to a matte finish, I'll try that way (e.g. shaken) with a lamp to dry it.  

Fun with science! 

:)