Storm of Magic Creatures?

I could bring my SoM book with me on a game night for you to look at.  My opinion is that the Chimera from the SoM book isn't worth the points.  In fact, I believe most of the choices are "meh".  There are some cool ones, and I believe at 3k and with using special points instead of rare allows you to bring one of the greater daemons from the book.

Also, with the pact scrolls, you could actually bring units from a few different army books.  I believe they are daeoms, tomb kings, and vampire counts.

Hmmm. Running a Dark Elf list and thought a Chimera would be themematic for my list 'BUT' I don't want to have to buy the Storm of Magic book to bring it either. Just getting a feel if it is worth my time trying to borrow a book from someone or not. Oterwise I have more than enough for a 3000 point list.

Check out this link

http://www.scribd.com/doc/162955654/Monstrous-Arcanum

or this one

http://www.scribd.com/doc/179585882/Storm-of-Magic-pdf

to get a feel if it is worth it to you.

For the Ordo Fanaticus Fantasy Open: or the OFFO!

I would like to point out that not only are Storm of Magic creatures allowed in the Special allowance (following the Scrolls of Binding rules - i.e. no more than 2 of the same type of scroll) but you also have access to Sorcerous/Demonic pacts and the monsters from Warhammer Forge Monstrous Arcanum and Forge world.

That distinction is rather important!

OFFO, I like that.  I think we'll keep it.