Bellingham Fantasy Meta

JMGraham

I am honestly cool with whatever. Right now we have a pretty high power level. I am taking multiples of most of the toughest choices in my book, Nathaniels list is super brutal and Sherberts is about as top tier as orcs can be.

As far as magic level goes im not sure what you mean exactly. Usually lvl 4s I guess.

Characters are tough. Some people still hate them but I think 8th ed characters are fine.

there aren't really any restrictions right now in our meta. It may calm down at some point though.

I actually think we pull some punches when it comes to our meta. We were pretty soft until Nathaniel started playing again. Greyson and I were talking about this yesterday, we dont have many of the super crazy builds that you hear about happening on the east coast. I would put us at a strong level but not a ruthless tournament level.

Magic is not as easy to control as it was so its generally viewed as a good thing to invest some points into a good magic phase.

special characters dont get used much up here, I for one will never use them because I think they are dumb unless used in a very appropriately themed army.

everything else is pretty open.  

In my brief re-immersion into Fantasy, I would describe our meta as "developing." For a very long time there were so few people playing fantasy that "meta" is a bit of a misnomer. It's hard to have a meta of 4 or so players. Now more people are getting involved and bringing with them their own ideas of how fantasy should be played.

It seems the power level thing is particularly in flux as a result of all the new fantasy people. I'd say play what your conscience tells you and if you realize either your, or your opponents' enjoyment is suffering due to the power of your army, adjust accordingly.

Are you asking what to avoid to make a fun list in Daemons? If that is the question then probably avoid multiple skullcannons and tons of beasts of nurgle. Those are about the only things I know of that seem super ripped in Daemons. That said you should totally bring what you want.

Ok great. Kind of what I was thinking based on my readings, thanks!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.