Eldar list please advise

CitoMors

I am just now starting to return to 40k and I would like to get some advice about a possible armored eldar list I am thinking of making. So far it looks like this

HQ

120 Farseer - Jetbike, Singing spear

Troops

130 10x Dire Avengers

130 Wave Serpent - Scatter Laser, Shuriken cannon

110 10x Gaurdians - Brightlance

Elites

130 5x Fire Dragons - Exarch, Fast shot

Fast Attack

95 5x Warp Spiders

95 5x Warp Spiders

Heavy

125 Fire Prism

125 Fire Prism

As It stands right now I am only at 1560.  I am debating throwing in some warlocks into the gaurdian squads and dropping in a Vyper squadron and equiping then with 2x Shuriken cannons a piece or Scatter Laser, Cannon. Or a squad of Dark Reapers, But this is where I am stuck at the moment and ideas or advice would be very appreciated.

Well, I don't play eldar, so grain of salt and all.

List lacks a dedicated AA unit. Should have one dedicated and a few others than have good odds (you have this second bit).

List could use alternate troops choices or more of them. Present list has 3x units with normal armor 4+ or worse. Might be wise to include a unit that has good cover saves (pathfinders?), then a unit that has good armor saves. I've found with my marines, that variety is very helpful in a flexible list. This logic might not work with eldar, but worth mentioning, I thought.

Entire army lacks Melee options. Might not matter, but might still be a smart call to include a melee option, even if it just ties up the enemy melee units instead of defeating them.

Army also lacks a decoy target for the enemy. You know, a unit that the enemy will waste effort killing even though killing it won't really help the win. Deathstar units are common in this role, as are non-scoring MCs. It's a unit that they need to kill or they will suffer, but at the same time, a unit that really won't secure the win.

-Pax

I am just now starting to return to 40k and I would like to get some advice about a possible armored eldar list I am thinking of making. So far it looks like this

HQ

Troops

130 10x Dire Avengers

Elites

Fast Attack

95 5x Warp Spiders

95 5x Warp Spiders

Heavy

125 Fire Prism

125 Fire Prism

As It stands right now I am only at 1560.  I am debating throwing in some warlocks into the gaurdian squads and dropping in a Vyper squadron and equiping then with 2x Shuriken cannons a piece or Scatter Laser, Cannon. Or a squad of Dark Reapers, But this is where I am stuck at the moment and ideas or advice would be very appreciated.

Thats a very strong list.

Yes, a pair of 3 Jetbikers might even be advisable over the Warp Spiders really.  5 man Spider units are good but they can't finish a job on their own.  So the scoring potential in a couple Wind rider units is probably a bigger threat in the grand scheme, even though Spiders are fun as hell.  They need to be just a little bit bigger units to realize their full potential though.  Bikes really dont.

Thank you for all the advice so far everyone and my list now sits at 1849 here it is so pick it apart at will as I enjoy constructive critisism.  I added warlocks for the gaurdian squads an extra spider to each squad some windriders to run around with the farseer and some vypers for extra dakka.  The Idea is to be heavily mobile and to avoid close combat while shooting enough shots to flatten out what i dont want reaching me as well as make up for my lack of didicated flyer shots.

HQ

70 2x Warlocks (placed in both gaurdian squads)

Troops

130 10x Dire Avengers

61 3x Windriders - Shuriken cannon

Elites

Fast Attack