GFN - Lord of the Cathedral - FINISHED!

Wolf Brother

So at last we are finished with the shoot. I want to sincerely thank both Khan and Chris for their patience as this project took way longer than expected. We of course now have editing, sound design, music and color correction to do, but we are adamant that there will be no modifications to the RAW files other than the color correction.  So all effects for this project were done in camera, meaning no digital, CG or lighting effects will be added.  we went OLD SCHOOL!

In case you missed it, here is the quick little trailer we put up. 

• Like 3

I'd love to see some closer shots of the new flying monsters

Here ya go!

First up is the Hive Crone, i need to think up a good Genestealer Cult sounding name for it. It has a missle rack on top for the tentaclids, a heavy flamer for the drool cannon, and an extended fuel tank on the flamer to represent the S8 raking strike.

flyty1e.jpg

next up is the flying hive tyrant. It has quad stubbers to represent the 2x devourers, a Cult Magus to be the source of psychic powers and synapse/shadows, and the cultists with powerfirsts and power axes to represent the close combat attacks.

flyty2f.jpg

flyty2g.jpg

Thanks again for the stormtalon engines, as they fit perfectly! Let me know if you want to get in a game against these awesome beasts!

• Like 3

Looking forward to actually seeing the final product!  You had my hopes up with the thread that it was actually done :(

Yeah, all good things come to those who wait, and wait and.......   However, do keep in mind we are as anxious to finish this project as many are to see it. Its looking like it will come in at 20 minutes or so. 

As for the finished project, we are still pretty far out, we will of course keep Ordo informed on this project and the many other projects we are working on. 

We do want to get a new longer teaser out pretty soon so you can look for that in the next month or so. In addition there will be proper trailer released prior to the full version. Till then here is a picture of a behind the scenes look at the shooting of the last scene. 

IMG_0004_zpsffc954a3.jpg

That is no tervigon-car but a limo-gon my good sir! They are frequently used to transport high value cult members through the city. And there is a second one on the left under the magi. :-)

I love the model and have seen it in person, it is just odd in that picture. Seems out of place/time. I half expect to see the Doctor and his police box somewhere in that photo....

-Pax

Cult limos date back to rogue trader, I know since a genestealer cult was my first army. They are more canonical than the entire Tau book if you ask me.

I didn't know that. Hmm.

Still, not very difficult to be more canonical than the TAU book. Clearly GW was thinking they didn't have enough of the Anime market....

-Pax

I don't hate Tau anymore, but they annoyed me for a long time. To GW's credit they didn't release too many new army factions / races over the years and have kept it reasonable. We could have been inundated with hybrid animals like lizardmen, space skaven, etc. I'd still like to see AdMech, Rogue Trader, and Genestealer cults as proper armies, even within the same book. 

This is a great looking army! I'm lucky to have seen it in person a couple times. I love themed forces.

• 2 months later...