Dark Elf Generals...

I don't think I'm a DE expert, by any means, because I seem to not like the internet unit options.

I play a heavy dark rider list with 2 RBT's and a unit of 5 warlocks.  The shooting is "meh" most of the time.  I charge things with my warlocks more than use them for magic.  My level 4 tends to use all the dice, 95% of the time.

I think having your own opinions based on tournament (or equiv) playing experience with the army AND knowing what the "internet" thinks is exactly what we need in an army rater/rejecter.  Call it expert or not :)

This really depends on why you are asking.  If this info is purely for curiosity sake and fun game play then great and I have some thoughts. But if you are asking to modify the current rediculious comp system that the OFCC is using for this year then No I dont have any useful info to inject.

So, if this had nothing to do with OFCC you would comment on DE units, but since this is for OFCC you have nothing to add?  This thread is for helping raindog with the event.  Why not assist him on this?  I doubt he is only going to listen to one person on this and will be doing some research of his own.  He's just asking for assistance from dark elf players.  Why not get to the main source, the people who play the army, to see what "they" think?

I'd personally be fine with 1 unit of Warlocks maximum, 2 Reapers maximum, and 3 Masters maximum (incl BSB).  I think that should take care of most of the truly obnoxious DE-specific builds.

Agreed - 1 unit of warlocks, 2 reapers, 3 masters.

Also may want to think on limiting how many dark rider units.  Non-engage armies aren't very fun to play against.  I would think somewhere around 3-4 max as 2 sounds a bit low.

Or you can just force us all to take 2 medusas and let us have anything else we want to make up for such a bad unit...

Agreed - 1 unit of warlocks, 2 reapers, 3 masters.

Also may want to think on limiting how many dark rider units.  Non-engage armies aren't very fun to play against.  I would think somewhere around 3-4 max as 2 sounds a bit low.

Or you can just force us all to take 2 medusas and let us have anything else we want to make up for such a bad unit...

You have to limit the number of warlocks, not the unit.  This is why I suggested 10 max.  You could either go 2 units of 5 or a single unit of 10.  If you just say 1 unit, you could still stick 15 in there, plus 3 masters, plus 2 dreadlords or a dreadlord and a sorceress.   BAM, there's your deathstar and the supreme sorceress (only there for power of darkness) is safely tucked in the second rank.

I have been reading some interesting articles on Druchii.net about the medusa.  Some people have had some very interesting results/uses for them.  I think I am going to try one out at some point.

I haven't really seen anything that disallows a deathstar unit.  However, the easy answer is to just reject the list entirely for having a deathstar.  If you don't cap warlocks at 10, and only unit size, someone may take advantage.

It's tough to deal with only 5 of them.  You don't want people bringing a unit of 15.  They would get +4 to cast and most likely won't die in most games.