Escalation League, Week Two: October 1st

Raindog

So, if I was to run this mission again. I would have the opponent place the barrels. Three barrels would be in the 12-24 zone and two in the  deployment zone.  The scoring would be the same: two points for the deployment zone barrels and one for the others. Killing more models with a barrel would be worth 2 points and having a model touching a barrel at the end of the game would be worth 1 point.

I made the mission too simple, but I was thinking of newer players and trying to show them that killing the opposing is not the purpose of the game: achieving the mission is.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

On 10/2/2017 at 11:48 AM, Raindog said:

So, if I was to run this mission again. I would have the opponent place the barrels. Three barrels would be in the 12-24 zone and two in the  deployment zone.  The scoring would be the same: two points for the deployment zone barrels and one for the others. Killing more models with a barrel would be worth 2 points and having a model touching a barrel at the end of the game would be worth 1 point.

I made the mission too simple, but I was thinking of newer players and trying to show them that killing the opposing is not the purpose of the game: achieving the mission is.

Thoughts?

Jenni and talked about this after our game and she basically suggested the same thing: have the opponent place the barrels. This would presumeably make them  harder to get to and might provide more opportunities for conflict. We were going to run a second game doing just that but ran out of time. The rest of your suggestions sound good as well. I like the idea of scoring by having a model touching a barrel at the end of the game as it adds another level of risk vs reward choices to the scenario though it does kind of heavily favor the person who has the final Turn of the game. Of course there are official scenarios that do as well.

• Like 1