Escalation League, Week Two: October 1st

Raindog

Hello Great Gamers!

Thank you for an awesome Week One. I hope most of you can make it to Week 2. If you missed Week One, there is still plenty of time and space for you!

Week Two of the Escalation League is October 1st!

Time: 3PM!

Bring Food, Bring Friends!

Let me know, if you want a teaching game! I sat down with Josh this week!

Mission: Barrels of Boom.

Each player has five barrels. These will be represented as poker chips, but for game play will be Silhouette 2 in height. After Initiative, but before deployment each player will place three barrels in the opposing deployment zone and the remaining on the opposing half of the table, outside the other deployment zone.

The goal is to shoot and destroy as many of these barrels by the end of the game. Barrels in the opposing zone are worth 2 points. The other barrels are worth one point. 

Note: The contents of these barrels are highly explosive. Damaged barrels will explode using the circular template. Any model hit by the template will suffer a Strength 14 hit using the explosive rule.

The player who kills the most opposing troops from barrels' blasts receives another 2 points.

Special Rules: 

1. Command Tokens cannot be used for strategic purposes.

Let me know if you can make it.

At this point, I know Caitlin, Joel, and John are out.

• Like 1

Oh man! I have a great alternate mission for this :)  (as you know I love silly rules, and this might be fun if you find that the first player gets an unfair advantage in the original rule set.)

Mission: Barrels of Boom. (Seth's version)

Each player has five barrels. These will be represented as poker chips (or appropriate terrain pieces. 1  point if a player provides their own size and theme appropriate barrels), but for game play will be Silhouette 2 in height. After Initiative, but before deployment each player will place three barrels in the opposing deployment zone and the remaining on the opposing half of the table, outside the other deployment zone.

The goal is to kill as many opposing models by detonating a barrel by the end of the game.

• The player who kills the most opposing troop models from barrels' blasts receives 3 points or 1 point for each player if its a draw.
  • 1 point (only awarded once) if a player kills the opposing lieutenant at least once.
  • 1 points for bringing at least five S2 size barrels that your opponent agrees are size and thematically enjoyable. 
  • -1 points cumulative for each barrel you detonate (without the template over an enemy) in your own half of the table.

Rule 1: (Hot Potato)  -Barrel is not is the right spot? No problem. Simply drag it along with you at your own risk and then detonate it in their face :) -  Any S2 or larger model performing a movement skill (including jump, climb and/or short or long) during the players active turn may move one barrel with them. This requires that the model came in base to base with the barrel at some point during the move action and then moves (pushing, pulling, rolling or other cinematic move) the barrel along with the model until the end of the movement skill, placing the barrel so that it is in base contact with the model at the end of his movement. Opposing models may react to the active model, or may react to the barrel as though it is an opposing model performing the same skill.  Note: A model may claim cover from a barrel (even one they are pushing) but may never claim full cover or to be fully hidden from line of sight due to the barrel alone. Hot potato causes camo, halo v2 and similar models to leave this state as though they had performed an action requiring a roll. 

Rule 2: (Kaboooom!) -Yeah... these barrels exploded :) and that's kinda the point :).  The contents of these barrels are highly explosive. Barrels that would have to make an ARM or BTS roll, for any reason, will explode using the circular template. Any model hit by the template will suffer a Strength 14 hit using the explosive rule.

Rule 3 (Bad PRThe barrels contain radioactive and other nasty material, so it is understandable that your sectorial and/or corporation does not want you releasing that waste in your own backyard (so to speak) if it can be avoided. The local populace does not appreciate growing a 3rd arm or having a leg fall off.  :)  -An active player who causes a barrel to explode (attacks or otherwise uses an order to this intent) on their half of the board while no enemy model is withing the barrels explosion template loses 1 point cumulatively (-1 for first barrel, -2 for second, ect). So it is possible that a player could end the game with negative points if they choose to explode the barrels on their own half of the board.

Have fun,

Seth

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like the bad ideas we were generating last night Seth like zero gravity rules where you role 3D20s to determine XYZ  coordinates for random movement random movement. It it will work well with the remote I created that walks around pooping our Krazy Koalas. Jeff loved that one. 😁

• Like 1

While I am working a gruesome 72 hour on call shift and cannot be there in person to get my game on today, I have managed to get a little assembly done on some new models between working and not sleeping. Here's a few scary murder robots I hath forged from the fiery depths of techno-horror.  I will get some paint on them before next Sunday.  I'll be there with you in spirit today and I am will see your lovely faces again on 10/8!! 

Copy of IMG_1100.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

• Like 2