MSU Dark Elves, Any Advice?

So I am looking to do a MSU style Dark Elves list at this time and I am kind of stuck.

I know I will be running 2 units of Dark Riders, Warlocks, Black Guard, and maybe 2 min units of Corsairs. From there I am wondering about the support these units will need. Do I bring Chariots, Monsters or cheap heros?

Also this can be open for general MSU discussion as it would be interesting to hear how players fair with them.

Raindog pretty much hit it home with.  However, I'd go 2 units of 5 warlocks instead of the hydra.  This gives you the combination of damaging eneny units before you contact them with 2 doombolts.  You also have the ability to either double hex a unit or hex two different units.

Kit one master out just like you do on foot- HA, SDC, sword of might, charmed shield, dawnstone (I don't have the book in front of me)  1+RR with negating the first hit on a 2+.

Give you BSB-HA, SDC, shield, lance, CoT (this way if you need to charge something, you still have a 1+, killing blow, and mulitple wounds)

I guess, in order to help you out more, I would need to know what point level you are going for.

You could probably get away with 15 BG.

Here's some support choices:

1)Bloodwrack Shrine for a unit of 15 corsairs.

2) CoB for your BG (this could also be your BSB)  and since you are going for MSU I would take the -3 LD for your death hag to make them harder to hit in combat.

3) I have finally been shown the light on how to properly use the Medusa.  It would be too hard to explain here, but you could use her as a cav killer.

Hmmmm..... Very different builds then I am use to but will work on getting it together. Though I see neither of you mentioned a Sorceress. The warlocks are effective lvl 2 wizards but leaving the SS behind feels almost naked. (Am I leaning too much on the magic phase?)

As for point lvl it will change. I am looking to expand my knowledge of the DE by trying different builds and tactics. Also MSUs are a rare sight and I always wanted to try it out. Raindog's Wood Elf army got me thinking a while back that a DE army maybe able to pull it off too.

I will say I also don't want to lean on the super units too much. (Hero spams, Warlock spams.... Well spam of any nature.)

I don't have all the models mentioned but I will bring a MSU tonight based off some of the suggetions here. Though my BSB might be mounted on a CO in an unit of CoKs. (Only have one CoC and pegsus.)

Also I want to see if the Kharibdyss would be effective in a MSU with its Abyssal Howl. Won't win through attrition so messing with Ld rolls seems important. That puts the Blood Wrack Medusa in the same boat.

So been thinking about challenging units and have been thinking of a possible use for Sisters of Sluaghter. In a MSU list if you take a unit of 10 and use it with other units on a charge their ability to take away rank bonuses is great when you are sporting small units.

Their biggest weakness is they die to range attacks easily but if you have enough target saturation a unit of 10 SoS would seem weak with Warlocks, Hydras, Kharibdyss and CoC comeing their way.

Only one needs to live to take the bonus away and the 4++ in CC makes them tough in CC. They don't do much against armor but since they are the support unit and not the hammer it shouldn't matter much.

Here's the problem with sisters. Don't they need to be in the flank for all that crap to happen? I have'nt read their rules in a while. If they do, it's pretty simple to force front charge arcs. None of those other units have swift stride, as an enemy I could slow play you advances, force front acs charges and possibly kill the combo charge threat.

Here's the problem with sisters. Don't they need to be in the flank for all that crap to happen? I have'nt read their rules in a while. If they do, it's pretty simple to force front charge arcs. None of those other units have swift stride, as an enemy I could slow play you advances, force front acs charges and possibly kill the combo charge threat.

No, it reads one unit in base contact with the SoS loses rank bonus for CR and can not make any parry saves. That means no parry saves against any attack, not just against the SoS.

So it just happens no matter where they are in contact.

I know there will be issues to be adressed but their abilities are passive at least.

Also my list idea has a range element ment to punish slow moving armies forcing them to try and engage fast, hopefully making them make mistakes. High armor armies may not care about my RXB but my RBTs and magic missiles will get their attention.