Reaver grapping hook

happycamper

So I finally learned how your suppose to use those grappling hooks you can buy for Reivers 

so when you deep strike you have to be 9” way. Base to base.  So vertical distances count.

now the grappling hook allows you to ignore vertical distance when moving or charging. So basically if you deepstrike on to a building that’s say 6” high and the enemy is say 3 “ from buildings base your good.  But they you could charge them, ignor vertical distance, and only have to make a 3” charge.

No I do... But most terrain that I've seen is somewhere about 3-8" high. And most people tend to put their models right against or in the terrain. So no deepstrikes there.

Or the terrain is farther out so you miss out on the cool trick. I'm not saying it can't happen, it's just not something I would count on.

And what's with all your double posts? I don't know if you noticed that...

4 hours ago, happycamper said:

So I finally learned how your suppose to use those grappling hooks you can buy for Reivers 

so when you deep strike you have to be 9” way. Base to base.  So vertical distances count.

now the grappling hook allows you to ignore vertical distance when moving or charging. So basically if you deepstrike on to a building that’s say 6” high and the enemy is say 3 “ from buildings base your good.  But they you could charge them, ignor vertical distance, and only have to make a 3” charge.

You didn't get that you used them like Batman when they so clearly ripped off the Nightlords?

Or switch unit places - deepstrike on ground level 3” from an enemy unit 6” up.  How are people playing assaults against units that are occupying the entire floor (eg there’s no room for an attacker to be placed there)?  Are you allowing the combat or insisting that the target must be whittled down with gunfire first until there’s room for an attacker?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Swan-of-War said:

Or switch unit places - deepstrike on ground level 3” from an enemy unit 6” up.  How are people playing assaults against units that are occupying the entire floor (eg there’s no room for an attacker to be placed there)?  Are you allowing the combat or insisting that the target must be whittled down with gunfire first until there’s room for an attacker?

I play Knights. We are on all floors always.