Resin

2 hours ago, Lord Hanaur said:

Other than a hot water bath, does anyone have suggestions for preparing to paint resin? 

Lower your expectations. When they are low enough where a mediocre paint job will make you happy, that is the time to paint. 😄

Well they are bathing and I took a toothbrush to them.  Im leaving them overnight and then I'll scrub them again.  I have renewed the water multiple times as warm water seems intuitively obvious as preferable.  

How can you really know if its all off?  I just dont deal with Resin that often.  These are particularly large pieces and they have a tooooooooon of nooks and crannies unfortunately.  I can post a picture and you'll see what I mean.  Thats my fear is that I'll underestimate how much that will affect them.  Im already not a great painter (as if that needed to be said) and I sure dont need any help sucking at it.  So yeah....  Im bathing and scrubbing away.  No good compound will remove it?