When there's trouble, you call DW

Picked up Deathwatch dex a couple days ago. I'm stoked on being able to bring grav tanks. Not being able to mix MKs with Primaris sucks, but whatcha gonna do? Spend more time modeling your Vets! 

I have starter set Primaris, so I was thinking I'd use the two LTs as Primaris Watchcommanders. The 3 Hellblasters and 1 Inceptor with 5 Intercessors, and the other 2 Hellblasters and 2 Interceptors with the remaining 5 Intercessors.

The Veteran Squad, to make a Battalion, I haven't thought about yet. Ideas?

• Like 2

Let's. Get. Dangerous!

My "default" all-rounder Veteran KT is 5 Vets, 2 Frag Cannon, 1 Biker, 1 Vanguard Vet. The Biker and Vanguard let you take on stuff that's a bit tougher in CC, but more importantly, they let you Fall Back without penalty. The Frag Cannon are basically Lascannon within 12", and just blenders against any kind of light targets within 8". Vicious on Overwatch, too. If you expand the Unit past that, a Terminator is worth considering as well, because Morale can become an issue for bigger KTs. Probably grab a third Frag Cannon if you take it all the way up to 10 Models.

My "budget" Veteran KT is 5 dudes, 4 Stalker Boltguns, and either 1 Missile Launcher or 1 regular or Infernus Heavy Bolter. Sit back in cover and plink away, often with Kraken rounds to push the Stalkers out to 36" range. The Missile Launcher or Heavy Bolter are the for the Flakk Missile and Hellfire Shells Stratagems. Upgrade the Heavy Bolter to an Infernus if you want a bit of extra Assault Deterrant and have a few more Points to spare.

• Thanks 1