H: 4x Sets of Burning for Prospero Custodes

As title, I have 4x sets of the Custodes from the Prospero Set. They are brand new and on sprue. They retail for $60 each ($240 for all 4). I'd be happy to sell them for $30 ($120 for all 4) each if i can sell them quickly and locally (I don't want to ship). Quickly is mainly because the longer I have them, the more likely I am to start another army... and I don't need another army.

I'd also consider trades.

Pictures of sprues identical to what I have can be found here: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Custodian-Guard-Squad-2017

EDIT: Assuming @spagunk follows through, I will have 2x sets for sale/trade.

1 hour ago, spagunk said:

Are you able/willing to do PayPal?

I'm local to PDX/Vancouver

I can, and could, but if meeting in person for a hand off, does seem like an extra step. But yes, I am able/willing to "do" paypal.

Though if you are in Washington, I'm definitely hesitant on a paypal sale because apparently I'd need to figure out taxes on that. Though I'm honestly very unclear how any of that works.

One of things I really like about living in Portland is in not having to know anything about sales tax.

30 minutes ago, spagunk said:

As an aside, would you be in the market for sisters of silence as a trade item?

Yes I would. Assuming they are also new and on sprue. Contemptor Dreadnoughts too.

51 minutes ago, spagunk said:

That sounds weird (ie tax on private sales?) But I'll just take the money out and let you know how many Ill need. I for sure have enough for at least one kit but if someone grabs them before me, I'll understand.

Apparently that new internet tax thing that the supreme court passed* not only requires taxes on internet sales of any sort, but also lays the blame on the seller if the taxes aren't paid (despite not requiring the buyer or seller to know how this is supposed to be calculated or who we send the money to).

But I'm basing this on hearsay. Apparently, they'll be able to retroactively apply this, so the states can get "back taxes" for sales that were made when there was no tax on internet sales (Yeah, this thing seems like a legal disaster).

Definitely makes me hesitant to use paypal or craigslist or otherwise sell things online to people outside of Portland.

*Passed, yeah, apparently the supreme court passes laws these days and has the power the raise taxes.

1 hour ago, paxmiles said:

Apparently that new internet tax thing that the supreme court passed* not only requires taxes on internet sales of any sort, but also lays the blame on the seller if the taxes aren't paid (despite not requiring the buyer or seller to know how this is supposed to be calculated or who we send the money to). 

But I'm basing this on hearsay. Apparently, they'll be able to retroactively apply this, so the states can get "back taxes" for sales that were made when there was no tax on internet sales (Yeah, this thing seems like a legal disaster). 

Definitely makes me hesitant to use paypal or craigslist or otherwise sell things online to people outside of Portland.

*Passed, yeah, apparently the supreme court passes laws these days and has the power the raise taxes. 

That's gross. Big eyeroll for WA state for that crap.

Okay, so here is what I got. 46 paper dollaridoos and  7 silent sisters on sprue (I have 4 frames due to reasons). Do you suppose that would be worth two sets of Custard banana warriors?

2 hours ago, spagunk said:

That sounds weird (ie tax on private sales?) But I'll just take the money out and let you know how many Ill need. I for sure have enough for at least one kit but if someone grabs them before me, I'll understand.

While I doubt Pax will need to collect and file sales tax for a paypal sale to you actually, the law is a bit wacky about it. Washington is the most aggressive state when it comes to sales tax. If he ships it to you, he almost certainly would need to collect it, although I doubt WA is going to chase him down.

I, for example, have to collect and submit sales tax for all of my sales to Washington customers unless they are in person, in cash and not in Washington when I deliver it to them. I'm a business though so they almost certainly will track me down if I don't do it. :)

I also just suck it up, take it as a cost of doing business and don't pass it along at this time.

11 minutes ago, spagunk said:

Okay, so here is what I got. 46 paper dollaridoos and  7 silent sisters on sprue (I have 4 frames due to reasons). Do you suppose that would be worth two sets of Custard banana warriors?

Custard Banana Warriors....lol

How about $40 + the sisters on the on sprue, for 2 sets of the custodes and we meet somewhere in Portland for the exchange so I don't have to use paypal or shipping or worry about taxes?

I know, I'm haggling down, but I think you are undervaluing the sisters and I don't want to cheat you.

It would be an in person meetup even if I transferred via paypal still since it's not a big deal to just visit someplace of their choosing. However I can see how...asinine this make things regarding actually using technology in the year of our lord 2018. Seriously this is something a person who has no idea how the internet works would come up with.

3 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Custard Banana Warriors....lol

How about $40 + the sisters on the on sprue, for 2 sets of the custodes and we meet somewhere in Portland for the exchange so I don't have to use paypal or shipping or worry about taxes?

I know, I'm haggling down, but I think you are undervaluing the sisters and I don't want to cheat you.

I can agree to that and I appreciate it 🙂 . Definitely want to do the in person real money thing though since I had no idea about the tax thing.

I can meet in PDX pretty much anywhere but usually that's guardian games or diceage if you happen to be around the vancouver at some point. Let me know a time and place and I can be there. I do get off work at 5pm though if you need something on the weekday.

Edit: yes please. I will include bases for these sisters as well.

Just now, spagunk said:

I can agree to that and I appreciate it 🙂 . Definitely want to do the in person real money thing though since I had no idea about the tax thing.

I can meet in PDX pretty much anywhere but usually that's guardian games or diceage if you happen to be around the vancouver at some point. Let me know a time and place and I can be there. I do get off work at 5pm though if you need something on the weekday.

GG has that league tomorrow night (Wednesday) 6pm-10pm. I was wanting to attend. Meet me there?

57 minutes ago, spagunk said:

Definitely want to do the in person real money thing though since I had no idea about the tax thing.

It's a recent court ruling and it was the US Supreme court, not just Washington. So it affects all internet sales. They overturned a ruling in '92 that didn't require sales tax to be collected on sales over the internet because the internet isn't really in a given state. Granted, it's unclear at this time how this will affect the internet, but I'm thinking I want to stay clear until I understand things better. Don't want to accidentally make an enemy of the IRS, if I can avoid it.

The real challenge is for people like you and I selling excess things on craigslist or in the ordo forum. I don't pretend to understand sales tax. And I certainly don't see why another state's laws should affect my purchases or sales that i make while physically in my state. So being expected to know what the tax is, how to acquire it, where to put, and so forth, seems downright unreasonable and needlessly complex.

@dalmer So if a store, like Guardian Games which has zero online sales and is in Oregon, is frequented by people from Washington, does the above make them a Remote Seller? Do they have to start charging you taxes? What makes a person a Washington Purchaser?

EDIT: I guess I'm unclear where the line is between buying things in another state, like a tourist, and buying things on the internet from a company located in another state. Aren't they both the same thing, more or less?