2000 Pt - Adepta Sororitas Noodling - Fate and Fury - 1/26/2019

pretre

2 minutes ago, Ish said:

Well, then you best start repainting all that red and black into proper black and white! Sending the Order of the Ebon Chalice into battle while cosplaying as the Order of the Bloody Rose is just bad for morale! 

Yeah, nope.

We're a minor order of the Ebon Chalice that is the Crimson Chalice. Not associated with those Blood Angel nutters.

• Like 1

I dig the latest list. Only thing I can see is that it might be useful to make the repentia unit 7 instead of 8 so that the dialogus, priest, and mistress can all ride along. I think getting your points back with the repentia will require The Passion, and if the dialogus is in the rhino she will also have an easier time keeping up with the doms/celestine/etc. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dusldorf said:

I dig the latest list. Only thing I can see is that it might be useful to make the repentia unit 7 instead of 8 so that the dialogus, priest, and mistress can all ride along. I think getting your points back with the repentia will require The Passion, and if the dialogus is in the rhino she will also have an easier time keeping up with the doms/celestine/etc. 

So, the idea is...

Pretty much the whole army slow walks forward in a blob with the Repressors (Doms and BSS) being the outward elements that exit the bubble. Celestine, the Repentia, Canoness ,etc are all in the counter-charge category, although that could change if necessary. The Rhino has 8 plus Preacher plus repentance. I could certainly use the 15 points for something else though...

So far, my faith is just planning on being divine guidance on the fire base and passion on anything that's stupid enough to get close to me.

Was also noodling whether it's worth 2 CP to add Litanies to the Dialogous.

You do have a good point though and I wish I had some test games to try out the two approaches. lol

36 minutes ago, pretre said:

So, if I did go to 7 Repentia, I could swap a SB for a HB on one of the walking BSS, get my PP back on the Seraphim and get another SB on the other walking BSS.

Not a big deal. Hmm.

Aggh. I hate you. Now I have to find a Seraphim Superior with a PP that doesn't look like warmed over crap. I really liked my BP/CS one. 😞

If I can't find a good PP model, this change is doomed. 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ish said:

One of the original `97 Seraphim Superiors has a plasma pistol and power sword... Surely you can find one of them, right?

"Now I have to find a Seraphim Superior with a PP that doesn't look like warmed over crap."

Obviously, I am aware. I have like 8 of them and have never liked the pose. Plus they have a PS so I would need to snip (although I have several already snipped).  More properly, there's a 2003 PP/Chainsword superior in the same damn pose (it was a resculpt) that I also don't like.

So instead, I took one of the geminae that I had converted for IP seraphim and put some pins in and magnetized her weapons to be a PP/CS superior.

988964_sm-.JPG

• Like 2

VERSION 5.1 - Final?

2k - 15 CP (14 after relics) - 9 Faith

Ebon Chalice Brigade

HQ - Sister Ephrael - Canoness with PS/BP (Brazier)- 49
HQ - Sister Vangela - Canoness - BP/CCW/Book of St Luc (Warlord with Indom Belief) - 45
HQ - Celestine - 160

OB SEC TROOP - His Agony - 5 BSS with 2 SB and Sup with BP/CS/SB - 51
OB SEC TROOP - His Woe - 5 BSS with 2 SB and Sup with BP/CS/SB - 51
DED TRANS - Repressor with SB/HF - 107

OB SEC TROOP - His Pain- 5 BSS with 2 SB and Sup with SB/CS/Bolter- 51
OB SEC TROOP - His Grief - 5 BSS with SB, HB and Sup with BP/CS/Bolter - 57

OB SEC TROOP - His Loss - 5 BSS with 2 SB and Sup with BP/CS/SB - 51
OB SEC TROOP - His Suffering - 5 BSS with 2 SB and Sup with BP/CS/SB - 51
DED TRANS - Repressor with SB/HF = 107

ELITE - Dialogous Yara - Dialogous - 30
ELITE - Confessor Kyrinov - Preacher - 25
FREELITE - Mistress Rovys -  Mistress of Repentance - 35
ELITE - The Red Redemption - Repentia x7 - 105
DED TRANS - Rhino with SB - 75

HEAVY - Exorcist - 125
HEAVY - Exorcist - 125
HEAVY - Exorcist - 125

FAST - His Deliverance - 8 Seraphim, CS/PP, 1x2IP, 1x2HF - 113

FAST - His Retribution - 6 Doms, 4 Melta, CombiF/BP/CS - 124

FAST - His Retaliation - 6 Doms, 4 Melta, CombiF/BP/CS - 124

Up to 8 models to paint, 5 touchups. Oh noes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so slowly been finishing up models as I go. Just finished up my 'repentia'. Also picked up the AS cards from Chapter Approved in a trade and I'm super excited about that.

Here's my repentia. Mix of all different models, (Redemptionist Zealot, The Redeemer, Inquisitorial Acolyte, Mordheim Sister of Sigmar, Repentia, New Redemptionist, Converted Redemptionist and Repentia). I have plenty of official repentia models to make this work, but love the idea that these are just penitents in general and not just sisters of battle.

992989_sm-.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the bubble cathedral. Divine Guidance, Vessels and Canoness on the Exorcists was ridiculous. Most turns, 2 targets disappeared a turn between the three of them. I feel like I want to add three squads of Retributors to this and just have a huge bubble of long range fire on turns 1-2.

In two of my games, I just walked the cathedral up the field and it was fun to have a solid shooting base midfield.  With more practice, I'll avoid the spots where I left someone out of one of more of the auras (and got them killed).

Dominions were great distractions from the rest of my army and generally killed something and died.

Celestine plays a lot more reactively and I enjoyed it. She didn't die in any of my games.

Repentia do work if you get them there. They got shot to death in one game (I left them out of one of the two auras) but in the other two, they just killed anything they touched.

I never ran out of Faith, made most of my faith checks (most of the failed ones were when I tried it on Celestine) and ran out of CP (or ran really low) on all three games. Vessels is expensive.

Denying the witch with brazier came up in one game and I failed like 14 of my 15 tries. lol That's just dice though. I had good coverage from turn 2 and got a lot of attempts. Used the strat for 3 powers as well.

For reference, I played three armies:
WIN - Iron hands with tons of Intercessors, 2 drills, 2xDevs, Kheres Contemptor, Sternguard, lots of caps and lts
WIN - Deathwatch with 6 Basilisks and a CP Farm.
14-17 LOSS - Ynnari with Shining Spears, Dark Reapers and more psykers than you could shake a stick at.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dusldorf said:

what missions were you playing?

ITC.

The three I got were....

- Iron Hands (long board deployment, Seize Ground), Old School, BGH, Butcher's Bill

- Deathwatch (The 6" side to 15" middle long board deployment, Precious Cargo). Old SChool, BGH, Butcher's Bill

- Ynnari (Hammer and Anvil, Crucible of Champions), Headhunter, Kingslayer and Old School? I screwed up bad on secondaries on this one. I won the primary but lost on secondaries. If I swapped Kingslayer for Butcher's bill, I probably would have tied or won.

• Like 2