Question about the "Old School" achievement

So in preparing for OFCC I have been painting up my Space Marine army to OFCC standard, and building a single detachment list (as it should be). However, I have run into a slight problem: Shadowspear.

As it stands, "Old School" means single codex. Now, CSM has had a re-issue of their codex in order to include the contents of Shadowspear, but not so much with SM. GW has shown their intent to include the contents of Shadowspear into the base codices for both CSM and SM (as illustrated with the publication of a version 2 of the CSM). 

Would it be fair to say that the contents of Shadowspear be considered as part of the base SM codex for the purposes of meeting the requirements of the "Old School" achievement? 

• Like 1

Old School got changed this year. It doesn't have to be single book anymore, because, as a number of people pointed out, that actually invalidates a ton of older Armies that are now dependent on Index Units. "Your whole army fits within a single Detachment with no single model over 400 points or over 20 wounds "

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WestRider said:

Old School got changed this year. It doesn't have to be single book anymore, because, as a number of people pointed out, that actually invalidates a ton of older Armies that are now dependent on Index Units. "Your whole army fits within a single Detachment with no single model over 400 points or over 20 wounds "

There was discussion but as far as I've seen confirmed the old-school quote is still "Sources? You mean source!..." Then your quote West.

@evil_bryan could we get an official ruling?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, last year going old school was really difficult for me to do as I couldnt use any of the index heralds for Slaanesh demons.  This year, I know Get of my LAN we decided not to do it.  It really was an over sight on GW part with the codex.

On 5/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, Sume said:

Ya, last year going old school was really difficult for me to do as I couldnt use any of the index heralds for Slaanesh demons.  This year, I know Get of my LAN we decided not to do it.  It really was an over sight on GW part with the codex.

I wouldn't blame GW for a community self imposed limitation. GW totally gave us the tools for adding them to the army in a good way. Personally I'm disappointed that my basic dual twin autocannon dread is now forge world, gives him a bad wrap but that is just like people's opinion man.

• Like 2