Thanks for OFCC and recap!

Tamwulf

OFCC was a blast to play in! I gave Pete a bad time about Friday's tournament- sorry about that! I'm not a fan of the ITC (personal thing). Despite my team, Plan B, being a "Ringer Team", I had a blast. The focus on achievements instead of winning was very refreshing and made for awesome army lists. I only faced one min/maxed army list, and still managed to pull out a tie. I don't think I ever saw anything about a gift exchange with my opponents, so felt really, really lame when I was given a lot of great swag and I had nothing to give them. Thanks to Dave (teammate), he at least went out and got some brushes to give to the other players for our team. It was hugely refreshing not to encounter a bunch of meta, hyper competitive army lists. Painting was spot on! I think every army was well painted. I thought I would be one of the few Ultramarines army, and it turns out I was one of five or six playing them! I got a lot of compliments on my painting though, and that made all the work and effort worth it!

I had three new units in my Primaris Ultramarines- a Plasma Redemptor, Repulsor Executioner, and Eliminators. The Redemptor wasn't bad, but I wish the Macro Plasma Incinerator did more than 1 or 2 damage. The Eliminators were good, but really had trouble wounding anything with S4. Now that their sniper shots are S5, I expect that to change significantly. The only downside is max unit size of three models and they are a heavy support unit. The Executioner... did well. I parked it a lot with either a Captain or Marneus Calgar and a LT nearby and it was baller. I wish it was about 50-100 points cheaper, but it is what it is. The downside: too many stupid weapon profiles. Eight different weapon profiles. EIGHT! Come on GW!

Highlights for me: MVP Marneus Calgar. His reroll hits aura was invaluable. Even better: He punched an Imperial Knight to death, put down the Swarmlord, ground to dust several Necron Warriors and Immortals before snuffing out a Necron Lord, sanitized a Nurgle Plague Lord, showed that just because you are called the Emperor's Champion doesn't make you the Emperor's Champion, and never took more than five wounds in a battle. If I had any doubts about how good Calgar is, they were put to rest over the course of five OFCC games.

Overall, OFCC was one of the best tournaments I've ever played in. Thanks!

aYUuKoi.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Tamwulf said:

The downside: too many stupid weapon profiles. Eight different weapon profiles. EIGHT! Come on GW!

Truth. It's one of the reasons I haven't picked one up yet. Each Repulsor feels like it needs its own personal Shooting sub-Phase. Just let me replace them all with Storm Bolters, or any other single option, please!

OK, that out of my system, I'm really glad you had a great OFCC experience. It's the one event every year that I always do whatever is necessary to make it to. Always good to see others enjoying it as much as well!

• Like 3

It's the edition. Multiple weapon profiles means being able to target multiple units. GW is trying to make sure the primaris marines have the best weapon choices.

I agree, though, lots of weapons is impractical to play with.

13 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

It's the edition. Multiple weapon profiles means being able to target multiple units. GW is trying to make sure the primaris marines have the best weapon choices.

I agree, though, lots of weapons is impractical to play with.

I don't mind that it has the option to take lots of different weapons. I just also want the option to make them all the same and/or leave them off entirely.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, paxmiles said:

I wish it was limited to Primaris; I've got the same problem with my Ork Buggies. Each has at least 3 different weapon profiles, and certain ones get bonuses to hit certain types of targets or profile changes depending on range, or certain re-rolls, etc. My old-man brain is too brittle to keep track of it all. At least my T'au have a predictable weapon/stat progression 🙄

• Like 3

2 hours ago, andy said:

At least my T'au have a predictable weapon/stat progression 🙄

For the TAU, there's an unusual gap between the BS and WS of the commanders and all other units. Logically, there should be a unit inbetween the rank and file and the commanders, but TAU totally lacks it.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Overlord Khetesh failing to even damage Calgar and then flying apart like Mr. Potato Head on the riposte is definitely my favorite moment of OFCC!

Second place goes to Khetesh again when he charged Hexbane and managed to tank all four of the six-damage-apiece spear attacks...only to get torn to bits by the OTHER four attacks that monster gets!

• Like 1