Beastmen OFCC: Deciding On A List

It seems to be the time of year when we all finalize our OFCC lists, so I'd like some feedback on a couple of options.

List 1 - Bulls and Trolls!

Lords - 691
Doombull (general) - Armor of Destiny, Sword of Swift Slaying, OTS, Shield
Doombull - Flying Carpet, Talisman of Preservation, Charmed Shield, Great Weapon

Heroes - 341
Wargor - Beast Banner, Gnarled Hide, Heavy Armor, Shield
Bray Shaman - Lore of Beasts, Level 2, Dispel Scroll

Core - 705
50 Gors - Extra Hand Weapon, Full Command (BsB in here)
Tuskgor Chariot
Tuskgor Chariot
10 Ungor Raiders (Shaman in here)
5 Ungor Raiders
5 Ungor Raiders

Special - 415
Razorgor
Razorgor
5 Harpies
5 Centigor
5 Centigor

Rare - 635
Ghorgon 
8 River Trolls (General in here)

This list has a lot of combat potential, but pretty sucky leadership and low magic.  I enjoy having river trolls because the -1 to hit gives them a very nurgley feel which fits in with my theme.  They could get pretty brutal with a doombull leading the unit, but with a leadership of 8 they might find themselves failing stupidity from time to time.  Everything else is pretty standard.  I would feel cheesy bring the beast banner BsB, but without the extra strength gors are pretty worthless.

List 2 - Flying Circus!

Lords - 650
Great Bray Shaman (General) - Lore of Beasts, Talisman of Endurance, Fencer's Blades, Jagged Dagger
DoomBull - Magic Carpet, Rune of the True Beast, Glittering Scales, Great Weapon

Heroes - 206

Core - 705
50 Gors - Extra Hand Weapon, Full Command (BsB in here)
Tuskgor Chariot
Tuskgor Chariot
5 Ungor Raiders
5 Ungor Raiders 
5 Ungor Raiders
5 Ungor Raiders

Special - 625
30 Bestigors - Full Command, Standard of Discipline (Shaman in here)
Razorgor
Razorgor
5 Harpies
5 Harpies

Rare - 615
Giant
Great Dragon (Storm Dragon)

The real appeal of this for me is just getting to take a dragon in a game of warhammer.  The list itself is pretty standard beastmen, with a flying bull who is at -2 to be hit by monsters and most mounts.  Harpies and Razorgors will do there magic at dealing with chaff and warmachines, and the two combat units move up to start banging heads together.  

What do you think?  List one or two?  What changes would you like to see?   I don't think anything is over-the-top, but what do I know?

I like list one.  I've often thought that running a doombull in a unit of trolls was pure genius and more people should be doing it.  But I'd cut the trolls to seven, which when joined by the doombull will enable you to run them 4x2.

I'd lose the flying doombull and replace him with a greater shaman, and plunk that greater shaman in the Gor unit next to the BSB.  I also think the changes to the game, particularly the introduction of monstrous cab, have made Lore of the Wild not a bad choice anymore.  But you could run the greater shaman with shadow, beasts, or death, all are good.

Big props on bringing not one, but two units of centigors.  Well done.

Hey, aside from their long list of flaws, Centigors are awesome.   When I get home I'll take a look at switching out one of the bulls for a great shaman, but I like the idea of having two bulls on the field.

It might be just because I have never run them before, but 7 trolls doesn't sound like enough to me.  Especially in the unit that I'm housing my general.  Some play-testing will show if I'm wrong on that, we'll have to wait and see.

Just for kicks, here's an adjusted list 1.

With the changes that Mr. Platypus has suggested, this wouldadd up to 2559, leaving a big 241 for possible upgrades.   CLEARLY the thing to add would be more Centigors!  ...And maybe something else.

If I had my way, I'd bump one unit of Centigors up to 10 (situational at best, but these guys really do hurt when they get the charge on you), give them both musicians, and then maybe another unit of harpies.  That puts me at 2753, which is enough...for an 8th troll!   

Lords - 641

Great Bray Shaman (General) - Lore of ?, Talisman of Endurance, Fencer's Blades, Jagged Dagger 
Doombull - Talisman of Preservation, Sword of Swift Slaying, Black Plate Armor, Shield 

Heroes - 206

Core - 705
50 Gors - Extra Hand Weapon, Full Command 
Tuskgor Chariot
Tuskgor Chariot
10 Ungor Raiders 
5 Ungor Raiders
5 Ungor Raiders

Special - 609

Razorgor

Razorgor

5 Harpies

5 Harpies

5 Centigor - Musican

10 Centigor - Musician

Rare - 635

Ghorgon

8 River Trolls

Total - 2796

I have to say, this looks pretty good.   Thoughts?   

• Like 1

I can't do the rambull build AND take the 206 BsB.  In this list the beast banner is more important as the doombull has a beef unit of trolls to support him, and doesn't need to be able to wreck units on his own.   Besides, rambulls are a dime a dozen :)

I just realized an important change that I should make.   I switch the dragonhelm and heavy armor on the gorebull to the blacked plate.  He will lose one point off of his armor save, but this will mean that the trolls get their 4++ regen and also a 4++ against flaming attacks.

That unit is going to be awesome!

• Like 1

I just realized an important change that I should make.   I switch the dragonhelm and heavy armor on the gorebull to the blacked plate.  He will lose one point off of his armor save, but this will mean that the trolls get their 4++ regen and also a 4++ against flaming attacks.

That unit is going to be awesome!

+1

Rare points may be spent from the army book, or from any monster in the Storm of Magic, Monstrous Arcanum, or Tamurkhan books. Monsters from these books are limited to 0-2 for monsters costing less than 100pts, and 0-1 for monsters over 100 pts or more. Thus, you could take two sabretusks (21pts each), but would be limited to one Arcane Phoenix (205 pts).

how do you get 7-8 trolls, I'm confused...

That...is a good question.  In previous years it was just one unit, but the way it's worded makes it seem like a unit of anything under 100 points is still limited to just two models.  

Bronson, can we get a ruling here, and if needed, an update on the OFCC thread?