New TinkerTurf Full Color Terrain Kickstarter is Live!

gamerlaner

Hey all, I'm Lane from TinkerTurf, the next Sci-Fi terrain kickstarter launches soon!  Featuring massive set pieces and modular elements, this full color miniature wargaming terrain will go perfect on your tabletop.  Preview the campaign and give feedback now!

The campaign launch is Monday January the 18th at 8am PST.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tinkerhousegames/tinkerturf-terrain-sci-fi-release-21

KS-Scifi2-Social-General.jpg

Edited by gamerlaner
Kick has gone live!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Can the satellite tower be assembled* without the dish (and can the dish be used without the tower)?

The tower would make for a cool elevated landing platform, a la Return of the Jedi, and that could make for fun scenarios like valiant last stands while waiting to GET TO  DA CHOPPA! Likewise, if the dish can be positioned at ground level or set on the rooftop of another building, it just opens up more play modes.

*Without having to cut, glue, or otherwise “convert” the kit. Obviously, with enough glue and a stout sharp knife, all of this stuff can be modified.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ish said:

Can the satellite tower be assembled* without the dish (and can the dish be used without the tower)?

The tower would make for a cool elevated landing platform, a la Return of the Jedi, and that could make for fun scenarios like valiant last stands while waiting to GET TO  DA CHOPPA! Likewise, if the dish can be positioned at ground level or set on the rooftop of another building, it just opens up more play modes.

*Without having to cut, glue, or otherwise “convert” the kit. Obviously, with enough glue and a stout sharp knife, all of this stuff can be modified.

Yes it can.  We plan on making other tops for it as well in the future like anti-aircraft batteries, missile batteries, and railguns.

I've attached a shot of the piece disassembled so you can get a sense of how you could use it differently.  And you raise a good point, we should show these exploded views in the interactive scenes linked in the kicks.

image.thumb.png.abf772a5d7acfc0c30cdb97b97c18c06.png

• Like 3

• gamerlaner changed the title to New TinkerTurf Full Color Terrain Kickstarter is Live!
2 hours ago, Ish said:

Looks fantastic. I don’t personally have need for sci-fi terrain at the moment, but I wish you great success...

...and I want to know the very nanosecond you launch a medieval fantasy line. 

Deal 😄 My hope is to be kicking it in October.  We've got a pretty good head of steam right now so things are moving in the right direction.  I'll come back here and post previews also as we get digital and physical prototypes built.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...