Guardian Game's New GW Game Day

4 hours ago, CrazyBones said:

Thank you for posting this kind of info. 

Any idea how many tables were playing AoS out of the 17? Were all 17 GW games?

Yes all GW games, in fact you can only play GW games on this night. I think it was 12 tables of 40k and 5 tables of AoS. Some players signed up for other "boxed" games but ended up playing 40k and AoS instead due to how many players signed up for the big games. I signed up to play either AoS or Warhammer Underworlds or Adeptus Titanicus next week. So depending on who signs up for what, I can have that flexibility to slot in wherever. You also rate yourself, if you are either a beginner (1), casual (2) or competitive (3) gamer. So they pair people up primarily based on the GW game you want to play, your personal rating (1, 2 or 3) and how many points you want to play (if applicable). Its a really nice system that I helped develop with them. You also don't need to be on any social media platform to help coordinate games. which was something I was concerned about. Anyone can view the sign ups in the attached google sheet but only Guardian can edit it. They put you in a pool at the bottom and then pair people up as it gets closer to Wednesday game night.

Guardian's GW Game Night Signup Sheet - Google Sheets

Warhammer Casual League - Guardian Games (ggportland.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MexicanNinja said:

I get back from military training soon.  I plan to play some AoS.  Need to start playing competitively.  Got a new addition for my DoK!

Awesome man the Casual League has been doing very well, got 3 game of AoS in and a few games of Underworlds in as well. Its been great for players of all types, beginner, causal or competitive. Hoping to get in some of the new Kill Team in next month.

1 hour ago, MexicanNinja said:

@deadwing34 is this still going on this week?  Im a sign up if it.

Yep sign ups are still available for tomorrow. They have had a fantastic turn out since they have been doing it, I think they have sold out every week so far, so 30 players playing all sorts of GW games.

Full details here:

Warhammer Casual League - Guardian Games (ggportland.com)

1 hour ago, Brother Glacius said:

I'd like to learn AoS, but it seems all the games are either for 40K, or for 2000pts for AoS.

Yah its been hard to get players to play other games other than 40k. That being said there has always been at least one or two games of AoS all weeks. I know a lot of the AoS players have been kind of busy in regards to it being summer and such. If you sign up and put down that you would like me (Jeremy Conser) as your opponent. I would love to teach you AoS. A lot of players put down a points range too which is an option I always sign up at 1000 to 2000 points and I put down that I am willing to teach new players. I also put down all of the games I play currently, AoS, Underworlds and Adeptus Titanicus so that way I can fill in where I am needed. We tried to make the system as flexible as possible but its not perfect.

• Like 1