Eldar - possible OFCC - critique please

Torg

+++ new wraith list (2000pts) +++

+++ 2000pt Eldar: Supplement - Iyanden (2013) v19 Roster (Primary Detachment)) +++

Selections:

Eldar: Supplement - Iyanden (2013) v19 (Primary Detachment) Selections:

+ HQ + ()

* Autarch () (Codex: Eldar (2013) p27)

(Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Fleet, Forceshield, Independent Character, Path of Strategy)

Banshee mask () (*), Fusion gun (), Haywire grenades, Laser lance (10pts), Mantle of the Laughing God (40pts) (*), Plasma grenades, Shuriken pistol, The Wraithforge Stone ()

* Eldar Jetbike () (Codex: Eldar (2013) p66)

(*)

Twin-linked shuriken catapult

* Spiritseer ()

* Spiritseer ()

(Ancient Doom, Battle Focus, Fleet, Independent Character, Psychic Disciplines: Runes of Battle, Telepathy, Psyker (Mastery Level 2), Rune Armour, Spirit Mark)

Witchstaff

* Wraithseer (IA:A 6E) ()

(Ancient Doom, Fearless, HQ Requirement, Monstrous Creature, Psyker (Mastery Level 1), Spirit Mark)

D-Cannon (), Ghostspear, Wraithshield (*)

+ Troops +

* Wraithguard (Troops)

(Ancient Doom, Bulky, Fearless)

* Wave Serpent

Serpent Field, Twin-linked scatter lasers )Twin-linked shuriken catapults

* 5x Wraithguard

5x Wraithcannon

* Wraithguard (Troops)

* Wave Serpent

Serpent Field, Twin-linked scatter lasers Twin-linked shuriken catapults

* 5x Wraithguard

5x Wraithcannon

* Wraithguard (Troops)

* 10x Wraithguard

10x Wraithcannon

+ Fast Attack +

* Hornet Squadron (IA: A 6E)

(Acute Senses, Scout, Skimmer Assault, Star Engines)

* Hornet

2x Pulse Laser

* Hornet

2x Pulse Laser

* Hornet

2x Pulse Laser

* Nightwing Interceptor (IA: Aero)

(Agile, Deep Strike, Shrouded, Supersonic, Vector Dancer)

2 Bright Lances, 2 Shuriken Cannons

+ Heavy Support

* Wraithknight

(Ancient Doom, Fearless)

Scatter laser , Two Heavy Wraithcannons

Thoughts???

(http://www.battlescribe.net)

• Like 1

I think your list is illegal- you have the Autarch, two Spiritseers, and the Wraithseer as HQs, but don't have enough troops to make a second Combined Arms detachment. Iyanden and Eldar aren't allowed to ally with each other, so that wouldn't work, either. Unless there's something I'm missing?

Also, why the Scatter Laser on the Wraithknight? Just for overwatch purposes?

If you added one more troop squad, you could also make it into a pair of Combined Arms detachments, which would work out. Dropping one of the Hornets (and possibly something else) would net you a unit of Jetbikes, Dire Avengers, or Guardians and do the trick. Alternately, you could split the max-size Wraithguard unit into two of five and do the same.

“any character in your army that may select remnants of glory may instead select from the gifts of Asuryan presented opposite, at the points cost shown. A character cannot choose items from both lists." So you cannot take the mantel of the laughing god AND the Wraith Stone.  I also do not see the point of running a 10 man wraith guard squad over two 5 man squads. They are fearless so you dont need to worry about losses and it gives you multiple things to fire at and an extra scoring unit. Also like Puppy stated if you do that you can take 2 combined arms detachments and run this list as is otherwise you need to drop 1 of your HQ choices. To be honest I would drop the Autarch because the Mantel is not as good now as it was before especially on an autarch. All it will give you now is a 4+ rerollable cover save unless you CHOSE to jink and if you do then you can only fire snap shots with him. He is also in trouble of being doubled out pretty easily since he will only be toughness 4. I think those points are better spent elsewhere. I would take the points you save and add in some things to deal with hoard armies. Right now that is an area you are sorely lacking. I mean what would you do against a green tide list or a swarm tyranid list. Good things to help with that are either more wave serpents or some night spinners, 3X warwalkers with scatter lasers, swooping hawks also work well. One other thing would be to drop the scatter laser from the wraith knight. There really isnt any reason to have it. If you are gonna fire weapons on it you want it to be the wraith cannons and he can only fire 2 guns at a time.

Hrmm.. I am trying to add up your points.. The list that you posted is way over in points. in fact its like 2185. your forgeworld stuff comes out to being like 745 points alone. The hornets while cool are costing you 375 points. I think you need to sit down without a program and work out the points because your program must have things put in wrong. 

The first time using BattleScribe… I may go back to QuarterMaster … Typically I lay out the books - and write it up on paper.  But saw battle scribe and thought I would give it a try on the fly.  I have noticed that while it has everything … it doesn't adhere to any force rules...  unlike something like ArmyBuilder which I had used in the past.  Back to the drawing board with this.  Points wise - as I listed it is 2k on the nose ( even though not a correct FOC ) according to BattleScribe.

I was hoping to go with a Corsair list - but with 7th out…and waiting for direction on what OFCC will allow I figured I would just retool my wraithwall (its painted …except for the new items I picked up).  Hornets, WraithKnight at this point would be the only new needed to be painted.  I'd drop the Autarch altogether - and shift the wraithstone.  Dropping the scatter on the WraithKnight.  

Yes… the Hornets are only 80pts with pulse lasers.  

- I think I will look at a single FOC with the corsairs again… more painting but options are nice before settling on going back to the wraith wall.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Wraithwall is a great army and tough fight but each model removed is a small victory. I imagine you should be fine with single fox forge world in doubt they will remove the allowance of forge world with addition change.

I'm not going to OFCC, but I WILL be interested to see how all these Detachment mixes work themselves out.  Wraith armies, which I have recently had occasion to play against quite a bit, are pretty decent.  The crazy Wraithblade units you can use are awfully intimidating when you first face it though their low number of attacks turn out to be a big deal against more capable combatants.  Still, they do hit hard and they wont break so no matter win or lose, both sides get a pretty good tussle out of the bargain.

• Like 1

Imperial Armour - Apocalypse Second Edition:
Points per model:65
Weapons and Equipment
- Star Engines and two shuriken Cannons
- Either Shuriken Cannon may be upgraded to one of the following
       - Pulse Laser..................+30 points Each

I cut out all the rest but it is VERY clear that in that book the hornet is 65 + 60 for having 2 pulse lasers. Where are you guys getting they are 80 points?

I cant even find if there is supposed to be a more updated version of this book or something..

• 1 month later...

Straight from the box? It's looking fairly good, but Unbound would definitely detract from that- probably a 2 at that point. You've got a pair of Serpents, a bunch of T6+ stuff, Pulse Laser Hornets and a Nightwing, all of them some of the stronger units in the Eldar codex. On the other hand, it also has a lot of limitations built into it and at 2K points it doesn't bring an unmanageable amount of anything.

Seriously looking at this mostly for my limited time to paint new stuff. The hornets , serpents and the wraith knight are the only things I would need to do.

Easy slacker way out I agree lol. But for fun - win or lose it's OFCC / I'm happy just to be playing.

• Like 1